• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 64 3700 SD vs X2 3800

Soldato
I wanted a Conroe but to be honest I can't be bothered waiting a few weeks for them to come in stock as someone may be buying my current parts within a few days!

I've seen both CPU's (Retail + 3yrs Warranty) at £70 and £100 respectively.

I own Dual monitors and being able to play CSS and to watch a movie would be good, but how does the X2 compare to a 3700 OC'in wise?

Associate
feriso said:
Oh stop it...... I'm getting down to OCuk afterwork ~3pm to get an X2 - don't make the waiting painful plz..... :p

Just hope Gibbo has plenty left

Should do, they've sourced almost the whole of europe's allocation of x2's!!!

The x2's are great clockers from what I've seen, superb value for money atm.

Associate
Just gone from a 3700 @ 2.6 to a x2 3800 @ 2.5 (still working on 2.6 :cool: )

Benchmarked a few games and there seems to be little difference, probably down to the fact that my X1800XT can handle everything I play, not had any stuttering issues or anything negative that others have experienced, was a worthy upgrade for me seeing as I got £60 for my 3700 :D

Soldato
I've just gone from a 3700 to a 4200 (went for the 4200 so I could keep the 11x multi as my RAM doesn't like running on a 183 divider). My 4200 clocks pretty much the same as my 3700. I used to run my 3700 at 2.75GHz but had to lower it to 2.7GHz because of the heat in my room. My new 4200 runs at 2.7GHz comfortably:)

I've noticed a bit of difference.. I usually encode a lot of music and when I'm doing so, I can't use my PC for around 20mins. With this new CPU I can.. Everything else runs as fast as before and I don't notice the encoding! Haven't noticed a difference in games yet, but that is probably because I've only played CSS with it..

Back
Top Bottom