• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VERY FRUSTRATED OVERCLOCKERS CUSTOMER - HIS ATI RADEON X1600PRO issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Please can I have some advice guys...

I have recently purchased a HIS ATI Radeon X1600 PRO from www.overclockers.co.uk.

On trying to install it in my Dell Dimension 4550, nothing happens. No boot, no post, nothing.

After searching various forums and support sites I found many people have had the same issue. Some have updated computer Bios, some have bought new power supplies, etc. All with no success.

Then on the ATI website I found this:
Knowledge Base
ATI Customer Care > Solve a Problem > Installation > Hardware >

737-21875: No Post on some Dell models with Radeon X1300 Series and Radeon X1600 Series AGP boards

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):
Radeon® X1300 AGP Series
Radeon® X1600 AGP Series
It has been reported that the Radeon X1300 and Radeon X1600 Series AGP boards are not posting in some Dell models.

To resolve this issue, you will need to submit your video card for warranty service. To do so, please complete the Special Warranty Service Request Form.

Now, because my card is not manufactured by ATI, I not not qualify for the 'Special Warranty Service'. I have contacted HIS direct, and have had no reply. However, on the HIS website it states any warranty issues must go direct to the retailer, overclockers.

Here comes the problem. I contacted Overclockers and the first reply was a 'fob off', basically, contact DELL, it's their problem. (I know Dell computers have a bad reputation, esp by computer enthusiasts, but I do not expect this from customer support). The second reply from overclockers, after I enquired about returning my product was a clear NO. 'its your own fault for buying a card which is incompatable with your system'

I do not agree about the incompatability argument. I have checked on the ATI website and if you choose 'Upgrade your card' wizard thing, the X1600 is listed as an upgrade to my Dell 4550. Also, on the Dell forums, there is a list of graphics cards upgrades and again the X1600 is listed.

ATI have clearly stated that a 'Special Warranty Service' will solve the issue, so therefore the issue is with the card itself, it is faulty.

Now I am stuck with a really good graphics card which I cannot use and which I cannot return to the company I bought it from. Even though it is in perfect, complete and re-saleable condition. All I have done is inserted it into the AGP slot and then taken it out again.

I am frustrated and out of pocket.

:mad:

Man of Honour
You need to contact the shop to get this resolved using the webnotes system.

I'd also suggest reading the forum FAQ with regards to RMA queries and shop criticism.

-Dolph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom