• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

graphics errors

Associate
Hi guys
I just turned my pc on and the screen is covered in multi coloured specks, abit like the matrix film.
I checked all of the temps and they are low. My card is water cooled.
there are even specks on the boot up screen and after a little while after booting up I get a blue screen and the pc turns off.
To me this indicated that my x850xt is borked
would you all say I was correct
Cheers

Associate
OP
I didnt catch the error code
now it wont even boot into windows
I just get a black screen with lots of black & white lines running up and down

Soldato
sounds like ure card may have bitten the dust. re-do the water cooling fitting and check ram sinks etc. maybe it will start up again and be happy maybe not. also check psu is ok switch with a spare if u can - never know.

good luck.

Associate
OP
thanks for the help
iv got hold of a friends x1800xt to try, so I will let you know what happens.
If the card is broken I am considering getting this card
HIS ATI Radeon X1900 XT ICEQ 3
Would this be a nice upgrade?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Ok so I have found the route of the problem
It looks like one of the rubber seals on the cpu block has leaked all over the
pci-e socket.
I have taken the mobo out. Can anyone give me any advise on what I should do next.
I dont think its shorted as it still booted but obviously its not good.

What do you guys think?
cheers

Soldato
If its possible I'd just leave it to dry out normally. Kinda worrying that something like this is even possible, I've never used water cooling before but arn't they designed to be completely water tight?

Associate
OP
That what I thought
By the look of things one of the rubber seals on the cpu block has failed and leaked out a little water.
Im not impressed I can tell you, but there is not much I can do about it.

Soldato
again this is why i don't bother with watercooling especially since air cooling is a lot less hassle and more reliable. next time just get a decent air coling solution like tuniq tower, scythe ninja or big typhoon.

Back
Top Bottom