• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Err.. this a bit too toasty?

Associate
Jus recieved my X1900XT and have fitted a Zalman VF900

After 4 minutes of artifact scans the GPU temp is 87c, Temp chip is 58c and Voltage regulator is 93c

Card is running default clocks and voltages afaik, thing is I cant see it having poor contact with heatsink as the heatsink is really hot :confused:

Xez

Xez

Associate
The VF900 isnt very good with the latest ATI cards :o it cant handle there heat output. The Artic Cooling Accelero X2 is apparently much better.

Associate
OP
Well I followed the overclocking guide for X1900's before I posted above and had my GPU voltage at 1.4v which is what it said was stock for 3d mode.

Have dropped this to 1.3v and card is a lil cooler now, between 65-75c after an half hour of BF2 or an hour of artifact scans.

Have core at 625 and mem at 750 and seems ok atm, these are pretty much its std clockspeeds though (mem on this saph is rated at 1.5ghz by them)

Did get some artifacts when I tried enabling AA and AF on part of the screen however I think this was an issue with the CAT's that came with the card (6.2's), since installing latest ones I haven't had any.

How many amps are these supposed to draw anyway? when it was at 1.4v it was sucking 30amps, now its at 1.3v its using 27amps under load, basic electrical principle would show that this meens the one card is drawing 360w @ 1.4v (volts x amps = watts) :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom