Really Wierd Question (Rapidly Expanding Bag of Salad O_O)

Man of Honour
Hey guys

So i've got this bag of "Sweet and Crunchy" salad in my fridge, noticed the other day the bag seemed like it had inflated but ignored it thinking something is resting on one side and pushing all the air to the other side.

Anyway a few days on and i got it out today, and the bag has full on inflated to almost bursting point. But thing is what the hells giving off air/gas inside a bag of salad, i buy these bags all the time and its never happened before.

I dont want to eat it incase something dodgy is up with it lol, any ideas O_O

Thanks

Man of Honour
OP
Jokester said:
It's likely that it was packed when it was hot a few days ago (and air pressure was higher). Since then air pressure has probably dropped resulting in the bag expanding.

Jokester

Ah that would make sense....same as Williams answer

So it definatley means it hasnt got the lurgies then?

Permabanned
It's most likely to be a harmless gas (o2/co2) but the cause for the gas may concern me. It could mean the salad is going off.

Once we bought some Tesco Value (if competitor please edit) Orange Juice, and left it in the cupboard for a week (normal conditions). Went to look at it, the carton had expanded so much it burst. Wouldn't touch the "poison" ever again after that.

Soldato
Well it could be bacteria if it were going off which give out all sorts when they respire, but you would be able to see it by now, it would stink, and they spray the stuff in chlorine anyway then seal it so I doubt that.

Associate
I don't like those "pre-washed, ready to eat" salad bags. They wash the salad in chlorine. You can smell it as soon as you open the bag, smells like its been in a swimming pool. Yuck! And once you open it, the salad goes manky if you don't use it the same day.

Soldato
Chronos-X said:
Use a carefully controlled amount of fire to burn a hole in the bag.

napalm-DM-SD-04-00733.jpg

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom