newsgroup question

Soldato
i have two newsgroups and cant connect to either but everything was fine a few days ago, could this be an isp problem?

Soldato
OP
i have checked all the settings on both accounts and all i get is cannot access server or a 502 error im on AOL by the way so it may be there fault but i havnt been able to get onto a newsgroup in the last few days

kbc

kbc

Associate
ants83 said:
i have checked all the settings on both accounts and all i get is cannot access server or a 502 error im on AOL by the way so it may be there fault but i havnt been able to get onto a newsgroup in the last few days

Here's some information direct from AOL's FAQ:

Q: I am getting "502 Authentication Error", what does this mean?

A: Here are the most common reasons for authentication errors:

- If your login/password had been working for awhile and has suddenly stopped (especially after a big download), you may have reached your download limit for the month. You can either wait for the limit to reset next month or contact us to see if we can customize a bigger download limit for you.

- If you're a new user or recently re-typed in your newsreader login and password settings, you have typed the login and/or password incorrectly. Please check your login and password (hand-type them in; do not copy/paste as extra spaces will cause login errors). If you continue to receive this error please contact us and include your newsreader login (username).

- Your subscription may have expired (especially if your credit card numbers or expiration date had changed recently). Please contact us so we can double-check for you.

... seems you've downloaded too much? :)

Back
Top Bottom