unknown devices need installing! HELP!!!!

Associate
ok decided to do a fresh install this morning of my main drive

have installed everything i can think of drivers for sound and graphics etc...

but im left with these
CLICKY!!
everytime i reboot saying they need installing and cant fro the life of me figure out what the hell they are the unknown device is apparently mounted on my X800Xt?? as for the other i havent a clue!

Help anyone please!!!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok put the mother board driver cd in, installed realtek drivers which removed the

Multimedia Audio Controller so tahts one down

as fo the graphics i downloaded the newest driver for it cant remember if its VIVO or not, though im assuming that once the drivers are installed hen it will detect if vivo is enabled or not?!

Associate
dubs said:
as fo the graphics i downloaded the newest driver for it cant remember if its VIVO or not, though im assuming that once the drivers are installed hen it will detect if vivo is enabled or not?!

Yeah, should do. Installing the ATI drivers should put all the drivers onto your PC, then it recognises it needs them and finds the ones you installed...

What else is left??

Other PCI Bridge device and SMBUS Controller both still look like mobo chipset devices to me...

The unknown device could be something you have plugged in on USB, or perhaps something in a PCI slot??

M

Last edited:
Permabanned
Right click on the unkown devices.
Update drivers.
Search automatically.

I had the odd occasion when my mobo chipset drivers said the were installed, but werent. This forces windows to find the required drivers and install them.

Oh, and the devices are certainly part of your motherboard chipset.

Associate
dubs said:
the motherboard CD has a one step install feature to install all required drivers, none left to install according to that! so im stumped

The one step install doesn't always work.

Install the drivers individually.

If necessary put the driver CD in, then right-click each of thre devices in device manager, update driver, and choose the path to the driver on the CD.

That will do it.

M

Associate
how i got rid of a similar problem,uninstalled the device, your graphics card,restarted pc and let it be identified then reinstalled device and the yellow exclamation marks dissappeared.

This happened to me on this spare pc that i have not used in a while,installed service pack2 and was met with a load of yellow exclamation marks on my graphics drivers.

Last edited:
Associate
noxidjkram@hotm said:
Any chance of having this bit in English?? ;)

M

Sorry if you cant understand my English,it is not my first language and sometimes i do have some difficulty in making my self understood.

img

img

Associate
looks like he suggested. install driver. remove device, restart pc and let it detect the device.

SMBUS will be your motherboard chipset driver. what board do you have?

have you tried double clicking on the items and click the update driver button and going through automatic detection and seeing if it picks it up and installs it

Associate
Not at all,it is a known problem i have sometimes.

What drivers show up in your hardware properties for your graphics card,when i had this problem the system kept loading standard drivers for windows and it had disabled my AGP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom