Goodwood 2006 (finally!)

Man of Honour
OK, so I'm about 3 weeks behind eveyone else but who's counting? Mind you at this rate I'll be lucky to get the RIAT 2006 ones done by September.

Anyhoo on with the show, another three days of being a total petrol head yielded the following:

1) 5 time Le Mans winner Derek Bell wasn't hanging around in the gorgeous Ferrai 246 Dino

103_4148.jpg

2) Mika Hakkinen returns the McLaren MP4-20A to the paddock

103_5679.jpg

3) Sir Stirling Moss is a regular at the Festival, this year he took an example of his 1954/55 Mercedes W196 up the hill
103_6807.jpg

4) Alan McNish found out the hard way that a pre-war Auto Union C Type can be a touch tail happy. Fortunately the one of a kind machine only suffered a minor dent in the subsequent off...
103_7421.jpg

5) It's the wrong Hill, Gromit! Swap the goatee and shades for a 'tache and goggle and that would just be sooo perfect.

103_7667.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
One of Goodwood's attractions is not only the range of folk who drive but the access you get to them.

1) NASCAR legend Richard Petty was at his first Festival and spent the entire weekend grinning like a kid in a sweet shop

103_3360.jpg

2) Sir Jackie Stewart dons the familiar tartan banded helmet

103_5462.jpg

3) The Hakkinen family seemed to enjoy their first trip to Goodwood.

103_5552.jpg

4) Rick Rawlins certainly got into the spirit of the occassion with period overalls to go with his stunning Benz "Prince Henry Special"

103_6573.jpg

Associate
They are all great, I particularly like the Sterling Moss and Rick Rawlins shots.

I doubt if Rick Rawlings shot will do much for anti tobaco advertising but it certainly does a lot for photography!

Man of Honour
Great shot of Hill in the 49. If only he won @ Monaco :(

Sir Stirling Moss loves it there. He's a really nice bloke as well. Definately one of my favourite drivers. He loves the sport but hates the politics.
It's a nice shot of him as well.

McNish my have been bricking himself in that Auto Union when it let go. One of the most expensive racing cars in existance, and completely unique as well.

Really should get round to sorting out the shots from June. :eek:

Simon/~Flibster

Associate
As always, your Goodwood candids are spot on.........

The ideways Auto Union raises a smile too........I just feel sorry for the poor sods who'd rebuilt the thing.

Back
Top Bottom