New Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Brian said:
Now I have got a full refund for my dead 19 inch Ferrari F-19 from Acer, which they could not replace or repair.
I am considering getting this.
20" Viewsonic VX2025wm TFT.

Good choice. or is there better for a similar price
Use. Bit of gaming & surfing, in use most of the day.

the VX2025WM is certainly a very good screen, offering very good all round performance. It is very popular right now and if you wanted to get a 20"WS instead of a 19" model (and why not!) then this would be a nice one to look at. The Belinea 102035W is also well priced and uses the same 8ms G2G P-MVA panel as the Viewsonic does, and performance is pretty comparable. If you're considering a 20" screen, it might be worth taking a quick look at this article which might help

Associate
OP
Baddass said:
the VX2025WM is certainly a very good screen, offering very good all round performance. It is very popular right now and if you wanted to get a 20"WS instead of a 19" model (and why not!) then this would be a nice one to look at. The Belinea 102035W is also well priced and uses the same 8ms G2G P-MVA panel as the Viewsonic does, and performance is pretty comparable. If you're considering a 20" screen, it might be worth taking a quick look at this article which might help

Thanks for your advise.

Permabanned
davidstone28 said:
if you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread, please don't bother posting in it.

It is constructive. The question has been answered before - on innumerable occasions. If he looks at the other threads, he'll find a lot of information.

Associate
OP
davidstone28 said:
It is constructive. The question has been answered before - on innumerable occasions. If he looks at the other threads, he'll find a lot of information.

You could have said that in the first place.
As it happens I got a faster response posting.
I wont bother to post here in future.

Permabanned
Brian said:
You could have said that in the first place.

I did.

Brian said:
As it happens I got a faster response posting.

True. But you would have got an equally fast response by clicking any one of a number of threads. Of course, that would mean that you would have to read them.

Brian said:
I wont bother to post here in future.

There's no need for a fit of pique.

Soldato
davidstone28 said:
I did.

True. But you would have got an equally fast response by clicking any one of a number of threads. Of course, that would mean that you would have to read them.

There's no need for a fit of pique.

There is moderators for doing that, are you asking for a job?.. if not, then why not link to the threads rather then just bashing the OP for asking a question?

Forums are here for people to discuss and ask questions, so far you've only argued with the mods and caused the OP to leave the forums.

Permabanned
t31os said:
then why not link to the threads rather then just bashing the OP for asking a question?
...because I believe in personal responsibility.

Whatever you want in life, you and only you have to take responsibility for finding out about it, striving for it and achieving it. Whether its a job, whether its relationships, whether it's anything in your life, and even whether its....computer monitors. If you don't bother even trying and instead ask for things to be spoon fed to you, or laid in front of you on a plate, you learn NOTHING, and you DEVELOP NOTHING as a person.

If you've put the effort in and you've hit a road block, I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER in people asking questions. But until you've reached that stage, and strived for it first, you'll learn nothing by asking questions and you'll instead become dependant.

Forums are here for people to discuss and ask questions, so far you've only argued with the mods and caused the OP to leave the forums.

Nobody causes anybody to do anything. As a wise person once said, "a man has his own mind to choose left, or to choose right." He can choose to stay or he can choose to go. As a man, he can choose to overact or he can choose not to react. It is his choice. He decides and no one else. He can choose to go, or he can choose to stay and listen and learn.

Life lesson No. 154.

Last edited:
Associate
davidstone28 said:
...because I believe in personal responsibility.

Whatever you want in life, you and only you have to take responsibility for finding out about it, striving for it and achieving it.

That’s why he was asking here. We have questions that are almost identical; other than the way in which they are worded, in all of the Hardware> sections of the forum. Starting a thread amongst people who are very knowledgeable is a good place to “start”. There are people who enjoy visiting the forum to talk tech, and are more than happy to help, even if that subject has been flogged to death. There is always someone that may have missed a thread that can bring something new to one you have started.

davidstone28 said:
Whether its a job, whether its relationships, whether it's anything in your life, and even whether its....computer monitors. If you don't bother even trying and instead ask for things to be spoon fed to you, or laid in front of you on a plate, you learn NOTHING, and you DEVELOP NOTHING as a person.

That speech may one day inspire someone, However, not when used in the context of advising someone to use the search function.

davidstone28 said:
If you've put the effort in and you've hit a road block, I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER in people asking questions.

You should not have a problem with ANYONE that frequents this forum. You do not pay for these forums, you are not a moderator, and the OP never broke any house rules. Your response was inappropriate and undignified.

davidstone28 said:
Nobody causes anybody to do anything. As a wise person once said, "a man has his own mind to choose left, or to choose right." He can choose to stay or he can choose to go. As a man, he can choose to overact or he can choose not to react. It is his choice. He decides and no one else. He can choose to go, or he can choose to stay and listen and learn.

Life lesson No. 154.

Life lesson No.155

There cannot be greater rudeness than to interrupt another in the current of his discourse.

Man of Honour
davidstone28 said:

right, there's way too much bickering in this thread, so apologies to the OP but I'll have to close this one. I hope your question has been answered sufficiently anyway.

Davidstone, it is generally not a good idea to start answering back to moderating decisions as you have done above, and what's more continue to derail the thread to the point that only 1 post in it is even about the subject! If you want to question what has been said by a moderator in one of your posts, email them (any of them if you don't know who it was).

Nearly every question has been asked before in this section, but what would be the point in going in every single thread and telling people that it's simply been "asked before, do a search"?! If you don't want to help someone who is asking a question on these forums then you don't have to but please do not bother posting in a thread again if you don't have anything constructive or helpful to add to the topic. It would have been helpful if you could have referred the OP to some threads or quotes where this has already been covered if you didn't want to help answer the question again from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom