Free conroe upgrade!!

Associate
For those of you that missed my post earlier on in the month I will let you know whats the best way to get revenge on one of your mates that stole your girlfriend.
We're still friends, god knows how... so anyway, he asked me at the begining of the month to spec him up and upgrade as his XP2400 is feeling its age. He said he wanted dual core, and for.. hehe... red alert 2 to run faster.
Hmmm i think.. this could be a great way to sell on my current rig for a premium price and get that conroe upgrade.
So i gave him the "i've spent a grand upgrading my system this year already, but i'll sell it to you cheap" speach.
Hook line and sinker.
He agreed to buy my motherboard, processor, memory, and artic cooler off me for the tidy sum of.....the exact cost of an E6300, DS4 and 2GB of GSkill HZ. Cant remember off hand exactly what that is. He then decided he wanted a new case, psu, and LCD monitor. so that got added to my shopping list. I told him I wouldn't part with my X1900XT so he's getting an X1600 since it'll probably be more than enough for him. He still plays RA2, Generals, Delta force land warrior etc...

Thats the shopping cart, click for full size, see the total £786.73, how much of that is my mate paying? all of it. Not ordering it yet though, waiting till he gives me the cash first, just incase he smells a rat.
That my fellow overclockers, is how you get yourself a free conroe upgrade.
Call me what you like for doing this to a "friend", all i can say is "what goes around comes around"

Permabanned
OWNED :D

You could buy your kit new for...
4200 - £130
asrock mobo - £40
ram - £90 or so new probs.
freezer pro - £15

Grand total of £275

HAHA seriously OWNED

Soldato
lol :D

Why didn't you go for the £43.95 Antec NSK4400 Mini Tower Case - 380W SmartPower PSU (CA-052-AN) & pocket some ca$h? 500w's OTT, crappy case is not :p

Soldato
Global_Inferno said:
PLEASE tell me you DIDNT order that PSU!!?? God darn it, go for something a "little" more reliable like an Enermax, Hiper, OCZ, Tagan, etc.. :p

Its B Grade, i would never trust one, you don't know where its been.

You could turn it on and hear ** POP ** :p

Permabanned
Global_Inferno said:
PLEASE tell me you DIDNT order that PSU!!?? God darn it, go for something a "little" more reliable like an Enermax, Hiper, OCZ, Tagan, etc.. :p

FSP's are good psu's, certainly better than the crappy hiper ones. Although personally i wouldnt go for a b grade one.

Back
Top Bottom