Wrist pain from tennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've been playing tennis quite regularly now at least once if not twice a week, usually in 2-3 hr periods but each time I play I get terrible pains in my wrist/carpal bone area.

I'm pretty sure its because I put a lot of pace into my serves and sometimes I'll lose a little grip so I'm thinking about changing it (rackets only a couple of months old, Wilson H6).

Just wondering if there was anything I could do to try and prevent these pains. Perhaps some write/hand exercises etc? Supports?

Man of Honour
Best thing you can do is to consult your doctor, they might be able to advise you on ways to minimise the pain.

You could try changing your grip or maybe giving yourself a rest and then building up again more slowly, I'd have thought 2-3 hours at a time is quite a lot if you aren't used to it.

Associate
OP
I've been playing periods of 2-3 hrs at least once a week for about a year and a half now.

I had thought about consulting my doctor but then I imagined they would just say rest it for a while.

Man of Honour
sanofi said:
I had thought about consulting my doctor but then I imagined they would just say rest it for a while.

Ok I didn't realise you had been playing for quite a while but the reason a doctor would tell you to rest it is because that is probably what your body needs.

Is this pain a new thing or has it always been the same? Pain is your bodies way of telling you something is going wrong and you could do/have done yourself some damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom