How much is too much?

Suspended
McDaniel said:
na, i spent over £700 on my ex's 18th. Was well worth it :)

But that's your ex McDaniel, and we've all hear a lot about her ;)

I bought one of my ex's a gameboy advance for ber birthday, about £120. It was me who dumped her mind. That's about as much as I'd spend.

Soldato
therubble said:
I thinking about buying my girlfriend a gucci watch for 550 quid, we have been together 3 years live together and I know she wants one.

Is this too much?

Can you afford it?
If so I'm sure your girlfriend will very much appreciate the gift etc.

Personally a gift of that amount would be saved for either a birthday or Christmas for my fiancee.
I love her to bits and in October this year we're going to be married.
However as a "I love you gift" I personally would consider a £550 one to be one that somebody with an awful lot of money might consider - I however consider myself a mere mortal :)

Suspended
McDaniel said:
Thats true, point remains is - its not to much as long as you can afford it :)

Not even the slightest twinge of what else that 700 could have gone on? I've just bought a new system for 700 - the thought of spending that on a lass :eek:

Soldato
MasterMike said:
Not even the slightest twinge of what else that 700 could have gone on? I've just bought a new system for 700 - the thought of spending that on a lass :eek:

It wasnt material, 5* hotel in london, seeing a show and costs over the weekend. So it was kinda for us both.

Material wise the most ive spent was £390.

But it all depends if you can afford it, £550 is cheap to some people, but an awful lot for the majority.

Suspended
McDaniel said:
It wasnt material, 5* hotel in london, seeing a show and costs over the weekend. So it was kinda for us both.

Material wise the most ive spent was £390.

But it all depends if you can afford it, £550 is cheap to some people, but an awful lot for the majority.

Yeah, 550 is about 2 thirds of my monthly wage. If it was an experience rather than a posession, that makes more sense to me :) I took previously mentioned lass to Paris for about £400.

Soldato
MasterMike said:
Yeah, 550 is about 2 thirds of my monthly wage. If it was an experience rather than a posession, that makes more sense to me :) I took previously mentioned lass to Paris for about £400.

At the time it was 2 months wages for for me, actually the start of my credit card nightmare, lol. Well worth it though.

Soldato
The most i've spent on the wife for a present for her birthday is £399 on a bracelet.
I dont go mad on her, she's only a woman for gods sake.

Back
Top Bottom