• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card/Monitor Balance?

Associate
Hello everyone I am seeking some expert advice on what graphics card and monitor to buy.

I am looking for an ATI based card, obviously the one I fancy the most is the 1900xt however I am only planning on getting a 19" monitor, most probably the Asus one, so would it be worth getting such an expensive card?

Would I be better getting a less expensive card and using the extra cash to buy a better monitor? Or I was thinking about going for these two and upgrading my monitor in 6 months time?

What do you think guys? Thanks in advance! :D

Man of Honour
Meant to say in your other thread, welcome to the forums.

You could do a lot worse than going for an X1800XT at ~£150 and then spending the cash you saved on a better monitor but depending on the detail levels you want it might be that the X1900XT is the best card for you.

Associate
OP
Thanks, its good to be here I appreciate your help! :D

You make a good point about detail levels I was mainly thinking about the resolution, however what do you make of this HDCP issue as I am slighlty wary of splashing out if I will need to get another graphics card to play hd dvds, I would want a card to last me a few years if i spend 200 + on it

Back
Top Bottom