Can't get TV card working.

Associate
I just bought today a PCI TV card. Its Hauppauge 756 WinTV Express TV Card. And it doesn't work. Drivers are installing but my Media Center Edition 2005 with all updates, doesn't recognise the card.

When I check drivers in hardware section it says that drivers are not installed, when in fact they just were and they are listed on the next tab. Ialready tried older and newest drivers from manufacturers site as well as those on the cd. WinTV2000 doesn't find any channels.

I'm getting kind of frustrated, can anyone help me?

Permabanned
I cant beleive haupage are still supplying that awful Win2000 without updating it.

My haupage PVR was a wicked board, it had onboard Mpeg Encoding. It worked great when I managed to get the software to work. Unfortunatly Haupage disallowed 3rd parties to access the Mpeg Chip. I gave my card away in disgust at the software provided. This was 3 years ago.

I think they are disgusting to be still selling products with that pile of cack Win2000.

Grrrr.
:mad:

Raj

Raj

Associate
IM in the same boat really, in my conroe rig i was going to buy this, Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 Media Centre Edition TV Tuner (GX-027-HA) for £60, but after many posts on its quality I am unsure as to what to do.

Anyone have experiance of the product, or any alternative products within a similar price bracket?

Thanks in advance, Raj

Soldato
BlackGold tv card is one to consider. Bought one last year for my HTPC. MCE saw it straight away and the quality is superb. Think they've gone up a bit in price lately though. Just checked - £59 inc VAT and posting. Great buy at that. For a tenner more you can get their software too if you don't want to use MCE.

Soldato
Hxc said:
I keep hearing about how great the Nebula DigiTV is...
Gets really good reviews but did it not have some issues with some on board SATA controllers? I know I looked closely at it but was put off because of this and the fact that at the time they didn't have compliant drivers for MCE - although people say their own software is excellent.

Associate
OP
So now I try Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T model 909. It's MCE compatible ok. No problems with installing. Windows accepted with no problems. But when I scan for channels it doesn't find anything. It just tells to check if I connected the aerial. It's DVB-T tuner, so I guess I need some freeview designed antena for this...

Back
Top Bottom