• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Woohoo 3.0Ghz

Permabanned
Just got the 2.66 P4 at 3.0 nice and stable so far without voltage adjustment as I can't with this mobo lol (roughly 24 hours of testing), I like round numbers! :)

Can someone tell me the codename for this chip, or what its likely to be.. its on a 533 FSB.

What would you recon I could push this too?

:)

Associate
tis going to be 478 unless its a dual core pentium D if im not mistaken(pretty sure the lowest single core 775 cpu is a 2.8 presscott)unless its a celeron... if it is a 478 type then its going to be northwood... or is it? didnt northwoods only have 800fsb??? see,ms forever since those cpu's were commonplace...

Permabanned
OP
god I feel so out of the loop these days, I used to know this stuff, honest lol :rolleyes: :p

cheers guys!

this is with a crap HSF with no paste by the way, I'm hoping if I get it much cooler I'll hit 3.20+

also could someone tell me what FSB speed will start to match the speed of my ram..... if you get me? Ie I can ramp up the FSB just now cause I still have enough headroom as its PC3200...

Permabanned
OP
northwood it is then.... what you think I can get out of it?

Soneji-3.0.JPG

Soneji-memory.JPG

Permabanned
OP
I'm confused, ran 3Dmark03 all night from 8 last night and was fine 12 hours later, CivIV runs fine, however when I go into HL2 it come up saying it can't read a specific memory location and craps out? Whats that about?

Everything else is 'perfect' :mad: :confused:

Permabanned
OP
yeah HL2 doesn't like it, need to drop to 2.94 for it to work? gawd talk about pernicity! How annoying!

I'm going to have to get another mobo that I can adjust voltage with, grr

Going to do it though want to see what I can get out of it

Permabanned
OP
Digital Punk said:
Pick up a nice Intel 865 or 875 board at auction.

Probably cost you about £20 and you'll get the benefit of dual channel memory and seeing as they natively support 800fsb, it'll clock no problem. :)

Could anyone give me Asus/Abit product codes for mobos with those chipsets?

845 just now iirc and its pants :p

Back
Top Bottom