Best Overclocking 939 mATX??

Associate
As per title whats the best overclocking mATX mobo for 939 AMD cpus? I have an Asus A8N-VM CSM Micro ATX which is a nice enough board but is very limiting when trying to OC, it "only" goes upto 240 fsb and has absolutely nothing where voltage control is concerned.

I have had a look round myself and the Biostar and DFI RS482 Infinity seem to be about the best for overclocking but i had a bad experience with a Biostar in the past (it went up in smoke and took a cpu with it) and the DFI doesn't get that good reviews for other reasons :rolleyes:

Sooooo what you got and does it allow a bit more overclocking than my current setup so i can get the most out of my shiney new 3800x2 that maxes the current system out?

Associate
Ive not got either but have been looking at the same problem for a while

They are the 2 best 939 clocking boards in m-atx I feel and the general opinion seems to be..

DFI RS482
PROS
full o/c functions
should do 300+

CONS
expensive
rubbish southbridge
poor USB and no sata2

Biostar Tforce6100-939 (make sure ut is a 939 and NOT M9)
PROS
cheap
good o/c functions in BIOS (not as complete as DFI)
should do 270+ (a lot do hit 300HTT)
better southbridge
SATA 2

CONS
Preception of BIOSTAR being rubbish
only 2 SATA ports (not usually a problem in SFF)

That's my opinion anyhow.
There's not a lot between them really, depends what you're after and also whether you can find one easily or not (both quite hard to find now in UK)

My choice would be the Biostar I think (but have changed my mind a few times ) :D

Back
Top Bottom