Getting rid of oil stains on driveway?

Soldato
over the years, our driveway has collected some oil stains from various cars that have had minor oil leaks.

i took the jet spray out yesterday and the oil stains were not cleaning.

what stuff do u need to use to get it off? any special detegent needed?

thanks!

Man of Honour
Gilly said:
IIRC coke gets rid of oil quite well. Don't know if thats an old wive's tale or not.

wives tail...

white spirits/meths ect will help... As will spraying some wd40 on and washing that off.

Permabanned
OMG, do none of you know about Washing up liquid! Sheesh! Surely you've got some in the house to avoid a trip to Halfrauds! After all, Fairy Liquid breaks down greese a treat!

Soldato
OP
Oracle said:
OMG, do none of you know about Washing up liquid! Sheesh! Surely you've got some in the house to avoid a trip to Halfrauds! After all, Fairy Liquid breaks down greese a treat!

does this serious work? i do have some of that swarfega (that i used to clean oil from my hands!), i dont wanna drap the jet washe rout to find that it dont work lol!

Associate
Oracle said:

Quite agree. Fairy liquid is excellent.

Don
I've used washing powder (i.e. Bold) with superb effect!!

Left no stains at all. Although, you will need to get on your hands and knees with a nail-brush :p

Back
Top Bottom