conroe/am2 motherbrd questions

Associate
my friend wants me to build him a new pc and im due an upgrade too. Im on a tight budget but im trying to make his a conroe system.

is the asrock the only cheap conroe motherboard?http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Asrock.html
its a crossfire board will it still run a 7600gt ok? no performance loss becuase its an nvidia card? ati dont have anything for £125 that beats the 7600gt.

am2/intel boards have 24pin psu connectors. Is it ok to use a 20 to 24 pin convertor cable on these ? will it still work ok? He wants the silentium t2 case which only has a 20 pin psu connector.

whats the default multiplier x fsb on the e6300?
will i be able to overclock the fsb if i get ddr2 667 ram? and if so whats the likely fsb increase i could get on air with no volt mods.

if anyone can help i would be very gratefull!

Last edited:
Permabanned
yeti said:
my friend wants me to build him a new pc and im due an upgrade too. Im on a tight budget but im trying to make his a conroe system.

is the asrock the only cheap conroe motherboard?http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Asrock.html
its a crossfire board will it still run a 7600gt ok? no performance loss becuase its an nvidia card? ati dont have anything for £125 that beats the 7600gt.

am2/intel boards have 24pin psu connectors. Is it ok to use a 20 to 24 pin convertor cable on these ? will it still work ok? He wants the silentium t2 case which only has a 20 pin psu connector.

whats the default multiplier x fsb on the e6300?
will i be able to overclock the fsb if i get ddr2 667 ram? and if so whats the likely fsb increase i could get on air with no volt mods.

if anyone can help i would be very gratefull!
That motherboard will be fine mate, will run that card fine with no difference.
the asrock board only takes a 20 pin psu so you should be fine again.
the multiplier on the e6300 is 7 and runn at 266. with that board you will see a max fsb of 300 without any volt increase's.(300 is the boards limit from what ive heard but goes up2 350 in bios) so thats 2.1ghz on the conroe which is nice and nippy.

hope this helps and welcome to the forum. :D

Back
Top Bottom