• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any one with a HIS ATI x800xl iTurbo in here please!

Soldato
Hello.
I've got the HIS ATI Excalibur x800xl iTurbo. I've got the latest Catalyst Drivers installed but wanted to ask if anyone could kindly e-mail me the iTurbo software.

Soldato
OP
I've got the liscence key too. I've even got the software.
But the graphics card box that came with it is buried deeeeeeeep under a pile of other boxes and can't be bothered to get it out for one 10mb piece of software :p

I've got the liscence key though.

Soldato
OP
mark1 said:
What does this iTurbo software actually do?

Your Graphics Card is pre-overclocked by the manufacturers.
In my case HIS. So at the touch of a button, you can get increased FPS by increased memory and CPU MHz on the GPU.
It's a great nifty little tool that overclocks for you, and it's under warranty too.

Soldato
eXSBass said:
Your Graphics Card is pre-overclocked by the manufacturers.
In my case HIS. So at the touch of a button, you can get increased FPS by increased memory and CPU MHz on the GPU.
It's a great nifty little tool that overclocks for you, and it's under warranty too.
I thought the pre-overclocked frequencies would be flashed into the bios so no tools are required :confused:

Soldato
OP
mark1 said:
I thought the pre-overclocked frequencies would be flashed into the bios so no tools are required :confused:

I'm not sure which way round it is but HIS offer with their cards the iTurbo software, when, once pressed, it overclocks itself instantaniously.

Associate
This is a really good idea, do any manufacturers useing Nvidia GPUs do this?

although do you really need it, if it can clock to those speeds the manufacturer would suposidly up the price acordingly.

for example if you had a 7900 that ran at 400MHz and cost £200 and you had another 7900 that ran at 500MHz but cost £300... if you had the turbo system on the 400MHz card that overclocked it to 500MHz wouldnt a manufacturer charge you £300 for it? :confused: cause if they're prepared to warenty it at 500MHz they might as well sell it as a 500MHz card becuase no one is really going to turn it off... i know i wouldnt :p

Back
Top Bottom