hpi rechargable glow plug igniter ni-cad cell

Associate
can somone tell me how long theses take to charge ? the little diagram on the back isnt that clear it looks as if it is either 50mins or 9 hours

regards

Associate
OP
Firestar_3x said:
First charge took about 12hours i think, after that its just a topup charge (depends how flat it is as to how long it takes), unless you use another charger and force it then it takes about 2mins ;)

ahh ok thanks for that much appreciated I had better get it on charge it is my sons birthday tomorrow got him a hyper 7 :)

Associate
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Nice one, sure he will love it :)

You ever run a nitro car before?

Just take it easy at first and follow the run in instructions.

First one, I have had a good read of the instructions will try to get him to go easy with it.

Suspension had me worried until I realized you had to put spacers in to adjust ride height.

Thanks again

Soldato
Just make sure it is PROPERLY run in as per the instructions. Yes it means you will spend a good few hours running the engine in before you can even drive it, but it's well worth it in the long run.

Whatever you do, don't get it started then put it down on the floor and start driving it.

Associate
OP
Abyss said:
Just make sure it is PROPERLY run in as per the instructions. Yes it means you will spend a good few hours running the engine in before you can even drive it, but it's well worth it in the long run.

Whatever you do, don't get it started then put it down on the floor and start driving it.

It doesnt say anything in the instructions about not driving the car? how long or how many tanks of fuel would you use before you can drive it? it does say leave it at settings from factory for 6-8 tank fulls of fuel.

Regards

Caporegime
Usually you put the car on a block of wood or something that lifts all 4 wheels off the floor, fill the tank up and idle through 1 tank, let the engine cool then run another tank with 1/4 throttle then another tank with 1/2 throttle ish, let it cool fill it up then do a few short blasts on full power for a split second, might wanna start leaning it out at this point then give it a run :)

Associate
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Usually you put the car on a block of wood or something that lifts all 4 wheels off the floor, fill the tank up and idle through 1 tank, let the engine cool then run another tank with 1/4 throttle then another tank with 1/2 throttle ish, let it cool fill it up then do a few short blasts on full power for a split second, might wanna start leaning it out at this point then give it a run :)

ahh ok, thanks for that makes sense what you say much appreciated ;)

Caporegime
NP, thats how my savage and others have been run in without problems, don't lean the motor out too much, i got a temp gauge for mine to check the temps and make sure it was running ok, they can be had off e-bay mine was 15 / £20 i think.

Associate
OP
Firestar_3x said:
NP, thats how my savage and others have been run in without problems, don't lean the motor out too much, i got a temp gauge for mine to check the temps and make sure it was running ok, they can be had off e-bay mine was 15 / £20 i think.

thanks again for your help...I will go have a look at the temp gauges now ;)

Associate
I'm sure he'll have loads of fun with it. As said before, run it in properly and make sure there's some nice blue smoke coming from the exhaust. If not then it's running lean (2 stroke fuel with nitro in it remember).

Oh and also remember to run it in a nice big open space as these nitro cars are fast. Hitting a kerb or that is a nightmare in these things :(

Got 2 x Thunder Tiger MTA4 monster trucks here and they are a blast :D

Back
Top Bottom