• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

connect3d X1900XTX Speeds

Associate
Hi guys
Just got my X1900XTX back from a 4 1/2 week rma and all appears to be well at the moment, I do however have a question someone may be able to answer. I have noticed in CCC that my 3d clock speeds are 641 core, 774 memory and that the bios for the card is a newer version than the 2 previous cards and seem to remember hopefully correctly that the 2 previous cards where 650 core 774 memory, also this card refuses to o/c with ati overdrive at all, not that I need to o/c this at the moment was just curious when I saw what appeared to be lower core speed. Can anyone confirm thier std 3d clock speeds with a c3d card and wether I am being paranoid that this is infact a X1900XT flashed by c3d to X1900XTX ! All my previous benchies are lower than with the previous 2 cards!

Last edited:
Associate
should be 650 core default...** RAM is OK...maybve thats where the slight devrease in voltage is. My deaults come up as 648 and 774. If its an XT-X the RAM used on the board should be faster than the XT RAM...someone else might be able to tell you how to spot this...not entirely sure of the details.

Associate
I have the same card and mine at default is 648MHz. Mine overclocks to 690/800 with no problems (have not tried higher). I have set it to default clocks due the weather being so warm in London and the awful Ati fan control.

Soldato
I was wondering if i actually had a X1900XT-X aswell as mine says X1900 series instead of saying the actual model in control panel.

Soldato
5bjoshua said:
I was wondering if i actually had a X1900XT-X aswell as mine says X1900 series instead of saying the actual model in control panel.

The ATi drivers usually do that. Says X800 series for mine instead of X800XL.

Associate
OP
Ok as far as I know the only way to find out what memory chips you have on your card is to remove the heatsink and then void your warranty, not something I want to do as this is my third card! Regarding what i said about the bios the way i found out is to use winflash 1.05 to read my current bios which is if ihave got this right p/n 113-a52021-110 and the earlier bios was the same as the one on the tech powerup bios list being p/n a52021-104 this is what leads me to think that the newer cards have a newer bios to maybe resolve some problem or as I said maybe stocks were low on X1900XTX and connect 3d have flashed some X1900XT to XTX ish speeds to not cause any further delays on RMA's . I do not know if it is worth flashing it back to the earlier bios or not? Also I have never used this tool before and I am not sure if it is as simple as the tutorial says" load bin file and flash with no other open programs and hey presto done" any comments on this would be good if you are better to uninstall drivers,clean etc :confused: i did log a question with C3D today so give it a couple of days and they may reply.

Just tried rolling back drivers used from cats 6.2-6.7 and no change to listed core speeds and still will not o/clock one bit just hangs and hangs and hangs. Temps at std fan settings 88 degrees not that high for one of these!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom