Wagon Wars (Pics)

Soldato
All,

See below some pictures i took whilst on holiday with my mates in Newquay. You have got to love the styling and colour. Most do them in Yellow/Red/Black and lower them. Thise one has its own theme and i think it works well.

Check that leather door out.

Can you do better? If so post your wicked wagon pictures!

imgp0676of7.jpg

imgp0677qe7.jpg

imgp0679gt2.jpg

Associate
Cool splits there, but those three splits from T3D are old, they've been going to shows for years now!

241339.jpg

Cookie to anyone who can understand what the reg refers to off this bus. :)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Alu_ATC said:
Cookie to anyone who can understand what the reg refers to off this bus. :)

The original Bug importer in Holland. He ordered six cars from the factory very early on in the post war production, but only got five as one wasn't ready when he came to collect. He also was (according to some sources) the driving force behind a VW commercial vehicle. He apparently drew a sketch of a box on a Beetle platform in 1949 I think, most (but not all AFAIK) VW historians credit him with being the inspiration for the Kombi anyway.

Associate
JRS said:
The original Bug importer in Holland. He ordered six cars from the factory very early on in the post war production, but only got five as one wasn't ready when he came to collect. He also was (according to some sources) the driving force behind a VW commercial vehicle. He apparently drew a sketch of a box on a Beetle platform in 1949 I think, most (but not all AFAIK) VW historians credit him with being the inspiration for the Kombi anyway.

Free cookie :) He was also involed with early Bay prototypes.

Nozzer and GSXRMovistar, hard to explain until you've been in one, but they are all about the attitude. Despite the surface rust, they are very solid underneath. Rat look is sometimes just used prior to restoration, but its become its own 'look' now. Some of these buses have serious engines in them too. :cool:

Anyone who was at Volksfest yesterday would understand.

Back
Top Bottom