ASAP CPU cooler advice

Associate
I want to overclock my cpu more when I need and run my pc quieter when I sleep. Now it's on 3.17GHz stable, but when I put in on higher voltage then the temperature while iddle rises to 50+.

I have only three options avaible here:

Coolermaster RL-MUA-E8U1

Coolermaster Vortex TX

AKASA AK-961

I need urgent adivice because shop closes soon :)

Last edited:
Soldato
First one will be the best of the bunch, but expensive and also not very good for water cooling. Second and third would be on similar cooling levels (that is, not brilliant). Cant you order a cooler off the internet? Not like you need it tonight.

Associate
OP
I bought AKASA as for now. In anyway I prepare financially for big change - changing to some performance ram, Pentium 4 950, Nvidia 7900GTX, Physix card, and some good modular psu. Everything water cooled by - and here I didnt decide yet - some kit.

Is ther any watercooling kit (up to £200) that will have gpu and cpu cooling in the kit?

Soldato
Crescent said:
I bought AKASA as for now. In anyway I prepare financially for big change - changing to some performance ram, Pentium 4 950, Nvidia 7900GTX, Physix card, and some good modular psu. Everything water cooled by - and here I didnt decide yet - some kit.

Is ther any watercooling kit (up to £200) that will have gpu and cpu cooling in the kit?

Don't get the physics card or the 950, get the E6600 and Gigabyte DS4 motherboard. You will see a huge diference in performance from getting those two instead.
As for RAM get the G.Skill DDR2 PC6400 HZ along with either the new seasonic modular PSU or an Enermax liberty. Cooling wise a scythe ninja is more than what you need really.
Unless you have to go for water, in which case I'm not the best person to ask.

Edit- or even the E6400, £100 less

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It's amazing. At 3.0GHz fan speed was ca. 750 rpms to keep it @ 40 degrees. When I overclocked to 3.2GHz temperature raised up to 42-44 and fan is still at 750 rpms...
Which is unbelivably slow compering that my old one to keep cpu around 42 degrees at stock speed needed around 1400 rpms...

Back
Top Bottom