Best Diesel Car for Under £1000

Soldato
Xantia HDI or 406 HDI if you can find them. Otherwise look for a mint 1.9TD example. HDI is a 2.0 Common Rail DERV 90 or 110bhp. TD is a 1.9TD 90bhp. There is a 2.1TD lump as well but this is best avoided.

Soldato
Charlie Bravo said:
I've got a 306 1.9TD, goes and handles well.

Screw mod it, but first go see your doctor to make sure you can handle the extreme G-Force's you will experiance (10 x what miltary test pilots are subjected to)

Associate
Probably a Xantia HDI but I think you'd be struggling to find one that isn't a shed at that money, there's also the earlier diesels 1.9, 1.9td and 2.1td (I think) the 1.9td is the one to go for. As has been said the Peugeot 406 is almost the same car but seem to go for more money as they have proper suspension and thus send less people running to the hills in terror.

Does the car really have to be a diesel though? If you're on a tight budget you'll get a much nicer petrol car for your money as diesels hold more of their value, unless you are planning on travelling to the moon and back every week it'll be cheaper to get a nice running petrol can than a worn out old diesel.

Back
Top Bottom