Help with a Contract I just took with O2

Associate
On Friday, I phoned E2SAVE and ordered myself a K750i, on O2 with a 12 month contract, 400 mins x network and 100 texts, with 10 months free.
I received the phone today and on the sales invoice it says "minimum contract period 18 months".
On the other peice of paper that came with it, it says "O2 12 month DD". I asked for a 12 month contract and the website also said 12 months. I am confused to why it says 18 months on the sales invoice and the other peice of paper says 12 months DD?

I checked on the website and the 12 month contract comes with 10 free months and the 18 month contract comes with 11 months free. So from that, I can tell that they have put down on the correct tariff, 12 months with 10 months free.

I phoned up today and asked why it said this, but all I got told was "you need to speak to the person you originally spoke to, that you took the contract out with".

I know I have 14 days to cancel the contract, so are they trying to give me the run around and get me tied into the contract?

I also phoned later on in the day and took out a second phone for my girlfriend (comes on Monday), my friend took one out and my mum is also interested in taking one out.

So, can anyone tell me why it says "minimum contract period 18 months" when I took out a 12 month contract?

Thank you :)

Soldato
jake000 said:
On Friday, I phoned E2SAVE and ordered myself a K750i, on O2 with a 12 month contract, 400 mins x network and 100 texts, with 10 months free.
I received the phone today and on the sales invoice it says "minimum contract period 18 months".
On the other peice of paper that came with it, it says "O2 12 month DD". I asked for a 12 month contract and the website also said 12 months. I am confused to why it says 18 months on the sales invoice and the other peice of paper says 12 months DD?

I checked on the website and the 12 month contract comes with 10 free months and the 18 month contract comes with 11 months free. So from that, I can tell that they have put down on the correct tariff, 12 months with 10 months free.

I phoned up today and asked why it said this, but all I got told was "you need to speak to the person you originally spoke to, that you took the contract out with".

I know I have 14 days to cancel the contract, so are they trying to give me the run around and get me tied into the contract?

I also phoned later on in the day and took out a second phone for my girlfriend (comes on Monday), my friend took one out and my mum is also interested in taking one out.

So, can anyone tell me why it says "minimum contract period 18 months" when I took out a 12 month contract?

Thank you :)

Phone up O2 customer service, they will tell you :)

Andy

Back
Top Bottom