There are still some decent people out there

Soldato
It just dawned on me that it was perhaps a rare occurence that happened at work today.

I was getting on with my work (sports world) and this foreign guy comes up to me with this mobile phone (K750i) and tries to explain to me the he found it in the changing rooms and it somebody must have lost it.

a lot of people would have seen that phone and just dropped it straight into their pocket and taken it with them and was quite surprised at hwo honest the guy had been, even more so was the gent whos phone it was when he came looking for it and i told him it had been handed in.

Permabanned
I left my phone in the locker at my gym, I knew I had left it there and about 3 hours later some guy rung me saying he had it, he left it with the staff and I picked it up the next time I went.

I also lost my wallet twice and got it back twice, the first time I dropped it near some shops and he got in touch with me, had my driving licence in it.

The second time, I lost it while drunk and someone posted it in a letter box and it ended up in a sorting office and they sent it back to my house in a parcel with a note saying "found in the post" I was like "WTF"

So yeah there is decent people around and I will always try to return anything that I find.

Associate
Well heres the other side of the coin,

Me and my mate on the bus coming back from asda westbrook (uci cinema) (you'll know this location cheets ;)

Anyway we found a phone at the back of the bus, think it was a philips gene year 2000 ish) got a call on it and started laughing at them saying they sounded like a soap star and making fun of them, got back to my mates house and the guy who owns the phone calls up and we start laughing again at them,

Ended up tossing the phone into the local stream, after smashing it up.

was about 17 at the time, have grown up a lot since.

Not one to be proud of but just thought i'd add that :o

Man of Honour
Are you serious Cheets64? That is mint, good old post office for doing that :).

I was at a cash point once here in Liverpool and I forgot to take the money out. I was drunk. This guy legs it after me, taps me on the shoulder and gives it back. I think it was about £30!

Caporegime
Replicant said:

Me and my mate on the bus coming back from asda westbrook (uci cinema) (you'll know this location cheets ;)

Anyway we found a phone at the back of the bus, think it was a philips gene year 2000 ish) got a call on it and started laughing at them saying they sounded like a soap star and making fun of them, got back to my mates house and the guy who owns the phone calls up and we start laughing again at them,

:(

Man of Honour
Replicant said:
I would have just changed the locks right away, whats to say they hadn't been taken/found by someone known to you :confused:

Slim chance, I was somewhere a few miles from where I live, never go out there. Nothing identifying the address on the keyring.

Soldato
I worked in a ski resort and would find phones all the time when I was working as a liftie. It was much better to keep hold of them and wait for someone to call than handing it in to lost and found as it just ended up in a big box full of hundreds of phones.

Sometimes you would get a tip for doing so, usually a thank you... only ever had one guest who I returned a phone to and didn't even get a 'thanks' :rolleyes:

The best one we found was quite a nice camera phone that someone lost. When my female workmate answered it, the girl on the other end of the phone demanded to know why my workmate had her boyfriend's phone, she thought he was cheating, it was hilarious. So we spent the day taking pictures of us doing our work on the mountain before returning it. Would have been a nice suprise when they next went through their photo album. :D

Permabanned
greenlizard0 said:
Are you serious Cheets64? That is mint, good old post office for doing that :).

Aye, there was no money in it but it still had all my cards and driving licence in , your address is on the licence, I think its £38 for a replacement licence so I was pretty chuffed but for 2 weeks I was like where did I lose my wallet, then it came through the door in the parcel.

Crazy.

Soldato
We get quite a few calls from people who have found wallets asking us to contact the customer so it can be returned.

In contrast though, I had a call from my mother last night, who had tried to withdraw $200 from an ATM in Toronto and nothing came out. She told the woman behind her, and so she only tried to withdraw £20, and got 2 $20 bills, one of which was very crumpled, so there was obviously a block in the machine. My mum asked the woman what she was going to do, and the woman turned around and said "what they don't know can't hurt them"!
Now I'm worried that my mum won't see the money again, because I don't think it can be disputed if the machine balances :(.

Associate
i was travelling to see friends on boxing day - had their presents in a large gift bag, before i even made it onto the train the top 3 presents had been swiped :(
what sort of a person steals christmas presents?

if i found £20 on the floor i would keep it - because i know there is usually no chance of it being returned to the right person.
have you seen my money? what does it look like...

Soldato
You're right, there are decent people still about.

Last year when I was in the UK, my Mom took our dogs for a walk, and she had her and hm Step Dad's car keys on her. When she return, she found she'd lost both of them. :eek:

So, we went out looking for them and couldn't find them at all. A few hours later, I get a knock at the door, opened it and there was a guy standing there with the keys in his hand. :eek:

He said he saw two cars parked out side our place, an Audi and a Honda. So he asked if we'd lost they keys for them, said yes and thanked him a lot. Did offer him a beer but he refused and said it's fine, no worries.

I mean, him and his friend could've just easily taken both cars off us, they had the keys. But returned them, very nice of him. :D

Suspended
Replicant said:

I've read some utter crud on these forums but this has to top it all off. I take it you wear a burberry baseball cap?

Seriously, what would EVER drive you to do something so retarded

EDIT: As for all being there, i don't think so!

Soldato
Whist in the Royal Navy, Serving on HMS Boxer out in the Carribean one of the lads lost his wallet on a night out in Antigua, complete with HM Forces I.D card, credit card and about 100 Antiguan dollars .

The ship came alongside in Barbados 10 days later the guy received a little parcel, upon opening the parcel he found his wallet, his I.D and credit card and the 100 Antiguan Dollars, which had been changed into Bajan(Nickname for Barbados) Dollars for him. There was also a covering note to say that the guys wallet had been found by this guy, and what he had done to get it back to him.

Our lad wrote to thank to the guy and the next time we went to Antigua, took him and his family out for a meal, The family kind of adopted him while we were alongside and took him out for a couple of days showing him around the island and everything.

Back
Top Bottom