What a joke, charge for delivery reports!!%%

Associate
Ive just been reading a mobile phone forum, where i stumbled upon a post that said Orange now charge 1 pence for a SMS delivery report!!

Can anyone confirm if this is true or untrue?

I have 2 contracts with orange at the minute, albeit my old one is getting canceled soon but ive never been charged for delivery reports in the past on my old contract and i dont intend to start getting charged for them now on my new contract!

Cheers..

Man of Honour
It applies to pay monthly contracts on the current talkplans (core plans, current web plans and animal plans). PAYG customers and those on older plans do not pay the charge.

As for the reason for charging, SMS delivery reports significantly increase traffic through the network as they effectively double the traffic used to send a single SMS... Why should people who don't use that service have to subsidise those who do? Charging for delivery reports is also a better solution than getting rid of them altogether (like O2 have done) as it gives customers the option.

Associate
OP
Dolph said:
It applies to pay monthly contracts on the current talkplans (core plans, current web plans and animal plans). PAYG customers and those on older plans do not pay the charge.

As for the reason for charging, SMS delivery reports significantly increase traffic through the network as they effectively double the traffic used to send a single SMS... Why should people who don't use that service have to subsidise those who do? Charging for delivery reports is also a better solution than getting rid of them altogether (like O2 have done) as it gives customers the option.

Yeah, i see where you are coming from on the whole increases traffic point, however i dont agree with the very rude hush hush way they have implemented them.

I cant find it anywhere on the orange website, even by reading the terms and conditions.

So had i not read elsewhere about it i would not have known.

costs.JPG

Take that for example, do you not think it would be nice just to say list it with the sms charge? Then it gives people the knowledge and therefore choice to turn them off if they dont want to pay.

I regularly send in excess of 900 texts a month, thats 9 quid that would have appeared on my bill and i would have been like huh?

Oh well least i know it is true now. Cheers :)

Man of Honour
Well, technically it's not an out of bundle cost, it's an additional, optional service. That cost table doesn't include any of the additional, avoidable charges.

There is a full price guide available online

http://www1.orange.co.uk/service_plans/downloads/pm_price_guides.pdf

Which does give you all that information for all the additional services and charges.

In the terms and conditions, it does regularly refer to the above price guide for additional charges :)

Soldato
Iv never noticed it on my bill, but to be honest id rather know that my text has arrived so i dont spend time expecting a reply to a txt thats not beed recieved...

Soldato
its came up on my bill. But i dont understand it. Ive sent 760 messages this month, and been charged 93p for reports. On the itemised bill report charges only appear every so often. Doens't it charge for EVERY message then?

Associate
Samtheman1k said:
How do you manage to send a 1000 messages a month?

That's like over 30 a day????
:D
Must admit I often wonder myself what some people do with their days that they can find the time to send 30+ messages a day.

Surely it would just be cheaper and quicker to call... :confused:

Associate
OP
sl33pyhead said:
:D
Must admit I often wonder myself what some people do with their days that they can find the time to send 30+ messages a day.

Surely it would just be cheaper and quicker to call... :confused:

Would be quicker and easier to call but you cant call when you are ment to be working, however its possible to send a sly text ;)

Associate
Dolph Charging for delivery reports is also a better solution than getting rid of them altogether (like O2 have done) as it gives customers the option.[/QUOTE said:
O2 havent got rid of their delivery reports you simply put *0# at the start of your text - just tried it to make sure and it still generates a delivery report.

Back
Top Bottom