Am I the most unluckiest

Soldato
Picked my Mini up after 2 weeks in the garrage which had the front and rear bumpers painted at the dealers expense. Had the bonnet striped, looks really good. But.....

Yesterday in the petrol station at a pump infront of a Mercedes car, filling up the owner returns to the car, squeezes though the middle, and clips the drivers side mirror scratching it and the black trim on the front is down to the bare primer grey. Lady seems to refuse to stop, so I banged on her car, she kept driving, so i opened her car and turned her engine off. She said what are you doing, I said you have just hit my car, she said im pulling over there so off she goes into the water/airline section.

Snobby woman comes out and says its only a scratch they are designed to bend back etc, to which I replied its only just came out of the bodyshop to which she just laughed off. Anyway missus exchanged details, while I paid for my fuel etc still laughing the fact she had only just clipped the mirror. I have polished the mark out on the cover but it will need a new mirror because the black trim is marked up. She could not even say sorry etc, so phoned insurance explained everything and they have waived the excess.

I got a call to tell me to book it in for a estimate, and asked about the third party insurance, low and behold she did not even report it.

Man im angry now its going to be in to the bodyshop another week without a car.

I know its only minor, but its the principle as well as the fact she has marked a pristine car, she should pay right?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Women!!! :mad:

/Hides from tinkerbell :p

Sounds like one of these women that there husbands pay for all there cars and stuff and they dont care because its not her money shes using up and it doesnt effect her.

Soldato
thepharcyde said:
Man im angry now its going to be in to the bodyshop another week without a car.

I know its only minor, but its the principle as well as the fact she has marked a pristine car, she should pay right?

It's pretty much the same with the Elise. When that woman reversed into me she didn't cause much damage, mainly scratching and a smallish crack under the front of the clam but seeing as I paid good money for a perfect condition Elise I expect her insurance to put my car back to exactly how it was when I bought it.

Fortunately for me she was really good and she reported it to her insurance so I didn't have any problems. It's taken a while but my car is going to Sinclaires of London tomorrow (my choice of repairer) and in the meantime I get a brand new Elise 111R to play with :D :D :D

Permabanned
Jonny69 said:
Even if it's only a £10 job make sure you claim so she potentially loses her n claims bonus and or excess. Out of principle. I hate people like her.
Yes, oh yes, glad to see theres other people with my line of thought on the boards.

Soldato
Initially I think, when I read these, that it's such a minor thing that it's not worth worrying about.

Then - I remember that it's totally unnessecary and as you quite rightly say - she should pay the full price to have it returned to as it was! Someone like that would wind me up a right treat! :(

Associate
Typical modern day Merc driver, I came back to my motor to find some silver streaks from where a merc which had earlier parked up must have caught me reversing on the way out.

You would have thought that people with a nice merc would be more careful, maybe they struggle to see over their own bonnets? :rolleyes:

Soldato
Matt82 said:
owning a car is a pretty horrible experiance really.

Damn right............at times

Had some jerk in a 306 come charging at me the other day, I had priority as they had to overtake a parked car. But Noooooooooo they just keep on coming, and clipped my damn mirror.

Didn't even stop, but luckily no damage.

If I caused any damage to someone's car I'd feel terrible, but some people just don't give ****. :mad:

Caporegime
Lashout_UK said:
Initially I think, when I read these, that it's such a minor thing that it's not worth worrying about.

Then - I remember that it's totally unnessecary and as you quite rightly say - she should pay the full price to have it returned to as it was! Someone like that would wind me up a right treat! :(

yes, just because she wouldnt care about a scratch doesnt mean others dont.

Back
Top Bottom