• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Question about SLi Bridges- mix n match or use what your given

Associate
Hi,

This may seem like a easy question, but I just need to confirm my suspicions, does the SLi bridge which connects the two graphics cards together need to be from the mobo that supports it (the one that comes as packaged), or can a bridge from another company suffice??

I am not too informed of how SLi Bridges are made, so please help me out.. I've seen this bendy bridge which seems so cool...I am wondering if I could use that?
(google is not my friend today)

Let me know if it's possible. the IT department looks busy today at work otherwise I would ask them...but I'll truly appreciate it if anyone can help me out :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I think it should work.

The only differences for motherboards is the length between the PCI-E slows and thus the length of the bridge. A flexible one should negate this problem.

Associate
OP
xolotl said:
I think it should work.

The only differences for motherboards is the length between the PCI-E slows and thus the length of the bridge. A flexible one should negate this problem.

Thanks for that info!!!! Truely appreciated xolotl

Back
Top Bottom