get me a price if ya can:) the challenge is on..

Lex

Lex

Associate
anyone find me a good price on the following setup?

p4 ht machine at least 2.8ghz
1gb ram
winxp pro
ethernet card
80gb hard disk
cd rom drive.

thats all i want for the cheapest price. anyone help me please! thanks so much if ya can!

Man of Honour
Intel Pentium 4 531 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.0GHz (800FSB) with HT Technology - Retail £49.95

Samsung SpinPoint P HD080HJ 80GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-023-SA) £25.95

OcUK Value 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 184pin DDR Memory Dual Channel Kit (MY-004-OK) £53.95

Samsung SH-C522C CD-ROM (Beige) - OEM (CD-071-SA) £8.15

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition inc. SP2 - OEM - 1Pk (E85-04026) (OS-002-MS) £81.95
Subtotal £284.85
VAT £49.85
Total £334.70

Not got a clue about motherboards or what sort of case you want, but any motherboard should come with onboard ethernet.

Soldato
Lex said:
anyone find me a good price on the following setup?

p4 ht machine at least 2.8ghz
1gb ram
winxp pro
ethernet card
80gb hard disk
cd rom drive.

thats all i want for the cheapest price. anyone help me please! thanks so much if ya can!

Do you need a case/screen/keyboard/mouse ?

Lex

Lex

Associate
OP
infact. I dont want to have to build the pcs everytime that takes too long and increases the chance of an error. I want a bundle which is equivalent to the original posted spec. yes it must have a : case, motherboard and gfx and but doesnt have to be great as long as it can run the original spec without any problems.

Associate
Why dont you buy a cpu below 2.8GHZ (saving money) and overclock it, also whyy dont you have win xp home there aint much difference between that and win xp pro, is there????

edit: soz i didnt read the whole post i thought you wanted to build one. I recommend you do because the pre-built ones for like £300-£400 the cpu on them has rubbish cache!!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
comp builder said:
(or save money and get a really really naughty bad stupid version :D )

Firstly you'll get slapped by the mods for saying that, so edit it.

Secondly I think he's trying to sell them on to others, and selling pirated software is even worse than simply owning and using it.

Lex

Lex

Associate
OP
Zefan said:
Firstly you'll get slapped by the mods for saying that, so edit it.

Secondly I think he's trying to sell them on to others, and selling pirated software is even worse than simply owning and using it.

no lol im not trying to sell it on to others. basically i have a company and i have no real need for anything else but what i stated above. i put my machines in remote locations and connect to them to stream information. I need good processing speed and good memory. i also need around 80gig nothing less and nothing majorly more. i dont want to have to keeep 'building' computers all the while as i have many remote locations. i just wanted to see how much i should be paying for the above hardware spec.

basically.

Associate
o ok again i didnt read the whole post, also if microsoft sold their os for cheaper (which i am sure they can) then people would buy the real thing and not get a pirate one. (im not saying i have a pirate copy btw) and if he wants to sell the comps then wont he have to buy a new key for each comp because your not supposed to use the same one on more than one comp are you????

Back
Top Bottom