Soundgarden

Suspended
Old skool grunge - similar to Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains, all from Seattle with similar sounds. They even formed some "super bands" between Soundgarden and Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam (Mad Season and Temple of the Dog).

Temple of the Dog was of course a tribute to the original singer of Pearl Jam who died, then the rest of the Band I understand discovered Eddie Vedder working in a Gas Station.

[/geek teen mode off]

Man of Honour
Arguably their best album was Superunknown, closely followed by Badmotorfinger.

Check out this site for some sound clips.. check out "Jesus Christ Pose", "Room A Thousand Years Wide" from Badmotorfinger and "Fell On Black Days", "Superunknown", "Black Hole Sun", "4th July" (wicked, real heavy song best played extremely loud for when the drums come in :cool: ) from Superunknown :)

Kim Thayil was an under-rated guitarist, he could make some cool noises :D

Soldato
Brilliant band, the drummer (Matt Cameron) went to Pearl Jam after they split. With Soundgarden he was a brillaint drummer, these days i think he must have a box of kryptonite under his bed as his skills have never been the same,

Ben Shepard had a side project called "Hater", they had 2 albums, the first one is sheer class.

Associate
Noxis said:
Old skool grunge - similar to Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains, all from Seattle with similar sounds. They even formed some "super bands" between Soundgarden and Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam (Mad Season and Temple of the Dog).

Temple of the Dog was of course a tribute to the original singer of Pearl Jam who died, then the rest of the Band I understand discovered Eddie Vedder working in a Gas Station.

[/geek teen mode off]

[/Pearl Jam geek mode on]

Temple of the Dog had some songs which were a tribute to Andrew Wood, lead singer of Mother Love Bone, but consisted of the MLB members (Ament, Gossard) with Mike McCready and Chris Cornell.

Eddie Vedder was from San Diego and was given a tape of (soon to be) Pearl Jam songs by Jack Irons and he recorded vocals for alive, footsteps and once (the mamasan trilogy) which the rest of the band heard and decided he'd fit right in.

On topic, Soundgarden are great and I'd also suggest giving a listen to the other bands mentioned.

[/Pearl Jam geek mode off]

Soldato
Chris Cornell is one of my all time favourite singers, what a range! Soundgarden can be a little hit or miss, but when they hit jesus do they hit! Just listening to Badmotorfinger now, and though its not as good as Superunknown, it certainly rocks grunge style!

By the way, Hunger Strike (Temple of the Dog) is probably the best song in the world. Seriously.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom