Creative Inspire P5800 OR Logitech X530

DHR

DHR

Soldato
They're both in a reasonable price range, don't want to go all out as i'm keeping my wharfedales for music, so these are going to be used for the very occasional mp3 and games. I wouldn't have minded a decoder to allow me to use Pro Logic II but that is no biggy, i've dropped the idea for now.

I was originally looking for a 2nd hand 5.1 hi fi set (with the sub as the amp) but the large number are just too big for where i'm sat so i'm sticking with the idea of either the Creative Inspire P5800 OR Logitech X530, what do people who have them think of them?

EDIT : Would also consider the Creative Inspire T7900, however do the extra 2 sats make that much difference, would they be alrigh tin a room 2.5m x 5m? Or is it overkill?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd go with the Logitech X530. My brother has the Inspire T6060 which are presumably similar to the P5800 and he very much dislikes the sound. I used it yesterday too and agree with him, sounds really uncomfartable and unclear somehow. We have a cheaper set on this PC that sounds much better. I don't know anything about the Logitech set though, but I imagine they would be much better.

Soldato
X-530 sounds pretty decent, as long as you're not going to put them in a big room. If you can set them up so the rears are a similar distance from your listenning position as the fronts then it helps the 3d sound field. If the rears are much further away the sound from them can be lost a little, but that applies to all surround speaker systems. You should also be able to adjust the individual speaker volume with your soundcard to compensate.

I wouldn't bother with 7.1 because of the hassle of setting them up right and all the wires. 7.1 has a dedicated left and right speaker (in additon to the 1 centre, 2 fronts and 2 rears) and most people don't have anywhere to put them.

Back
Top Bottom