top five website listing ?

Soldato
Any one know a stats site that might show which websites are say the top five used in the world ?

i'm guessing at the moment that some will be -

-Amazon
- eBay
- WikiPedia
- ENcyclopedia Britanica

I know there probably wrong so looking for some rough figures either recent or from the past 5 years at least.

Had a quick look on google and keep getting loads of the top 10 rubish sites :(

Associate
alexa is not a definitive answer though, as it only counts people with the alexa toolbar installed - or so i was told. But I agree, yahoo, google, ebay, bbc - im surprised at myspace but then i guess im showing my age ;)

Soldato
MossyUK said:
alexa is not a definitive answer though, as it only counts people with the alexa toolbar installed - or so i was told. But I agree, yahoo, google, ebay, bbc - im surprised at myspace but then i guess im showing my age ;)

Yeah but they have a pretty diverse range of people using it---I'd warrant it was fairly representative of the internet population as a whole, and there isn't a better source of info.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
MossyUK said:

i'd agree with Rob - it's probably representative enough...but it's like TV ratings...i doubt you'd really trust it.

also, myspace has close to 70,000,000 users - fair enough, they're not all active all the time, but there's a fair few really really really ridiculously really really high volume users there

Back
Top Bottom