Good Lord! you must see this film V for Vendetta, Matrix/The Crow fans will like.

Permabanned
Good film but it's directorial team prevented it from being an all-time classic.

I'm a huge fan of the novels and smirked at a couple of in-jokes but I can only like it if I take it as a stand-alone film and forget the novels ;)

In summary:

V For Vendetta good.

Wachowski Brothers bad.

*n

Soldato
locutus12 said:
(i noticed a goof in the film, look for him in the crowd at the end)

It's not a goof, all the people who died in the quest to get to that point were shown among the crowd.

atpbx - what didn't you like about it? I thought it highlighted a lot of the political ills of the last few centuries and gave us a pretty sobering look at where we could end up not too far down the line unless we change things.

It was extremely well acted, great storyline, great action sequences, great themes and extremely iconic.

9.9/10

Soldato
Just watched it for the first time an hour or so ago. I quite enjoyed it, but it wasnt quite as good as hoped it was going to be. Its definately my type of film though.

Soldato
It's quite a good flick imo. The characters were played fairly well, and the character V is one that you can understand and feel drawn into, whilst his mask gives him a very comic-book look.

Man of Honour
IceBus said:
It's not a goof, all the people who died in the quest to get to that point were shown among the crowd.

atpbx - what didn't you like about it? I thought it highlighted a lot of the political ills of the last few centuries and gave us a pretty sobering look at where we could end up not too far down the line unless we change things.

It was extremely well acted, great storyline, great action sequences, great themes and extremely iconic.

9.9/10
ROFL, you have to be exaggerating :/

Was a film that had great pottential but ended up overly boring, not much happened. The acting was 'good', however the storyline was fairly drab and it certaintly didn't have any 'great' action sequences. A wasted opportunity.

6/10 - Watchable.

Man of Honour
IceBus said:
It's actual 99%. There are very few other films I'd put above it. Syriana, Fight Club and Night Watch probably.
Havn't seen the other two, but fightclub is great, not exceptionally great. The film nosedives towards the end, imo of course.

As for the bambi comment, I take it your being sarcy as I didn't think it was that great. Lion King is great though *Awaits the 'It ripped off some asian original therefore its aweful' comments*

Soldato
When I saw this movie in the cinema it was GREAT! Fantastic infact. Movie of the year NO DOUBT!

Brilliant movie. Rent, infact, buy the DVD. You will not regret it.
Supurb acting throughout (apart from Natalie Portman who does it half half)

Brill film once again :)

Back
Top Bottom