Some people are so thick and gullible

Man of Honour
A mate came to me at work and said his computer won't work properly with the internet so he was advised by BT to get XP Home and install that.
Today he asked if he could bring it to mine because he was having problems installing it.
He's just left the house and I couldn't believe the PC he bought me to look at.
It was a Pentium 166 with 32 meg of ram and a 2 gig HD :eek:

Soldato
dmpoole said:
A mate came to me at work and said his computer won't work properly with the internet so he was advised by BT to get XP Home and install that.
Today he asked if he could bring it to mine because he was having problems installing it.
stupid.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Goatboy said:
Isn't stupid and gullible a bit harsh just because his knowledge of computers is zero?

His knowledge of everything is zero.
Its about time he made an effort to find things out before taking the next step.
Mind you, his loss my gain - at this moment I'm just building a base unit with a few spare parts I've got which includes an AMD 1600+, 4x DVD writer and 120 gig HD.
He will think its a Rolls Royce.

Last edited:

Sem

Sem

Soldato
lol i did the same once

2 years ago i sold an old T-bird 1.4 Ghz mobo, ram etc for around 500 when it was worth like 100 :D

i know
im a bad bad man ;)

Soldato
dmpoole said:
His knowledge of everything is zero.
Its about time he made an effort to find things out before taking the next step.
Mind you, his loss my gain - at this moment I'm just building a base unit with a few spare parts I've got which includes an AMD 1600+, 4x DVD writer and 120 meg HD.
He will think its a Rolls Royce.

120MB HDD? So you have downgraded him. For shame!

;)

SiriusB

Soldato
Goatboy said:
Isn't stupid and gullible a bit harsh just because his knowledge of computers is zero?
yeah, if the gas man or electrician comes round i dont think they will be like, lmao these geezer doesnt know what a pilot light is (random example and yes i do know what it is)

Associate
dmpoole said:

beats my current spec :'(

Man of Honour
OP
SiriusB said:
120MB HDD? So you have downgraded him. For shame!

;)

SiriusB

Ooh you were a bit quick there before I realised what I'd put but what a good idea, I may still have an old IBM 120 meg somewhere.
I'll have to install Win 3.11.

I can't explain how thick this workmate is.

Caporegime
Why not install a minimal linux distro.

If all he wants it for is internet access, that would suit him down to the ground.

Some of us still have serviceable 486 machines and older, running server or router software.

Soldato
to be fair, having a crap computer doesn't make him thick. he's a bit naive for not checking xp would work before buying it, but then it sounds as though the helpful people at bt are as much to blame for that.

Back
Top Bottom