Battlefield 2142 new movie

Caporegime
Wow, wow.
I too was pretty dubious about it when i first saw it but it looks like they are making more of an effort this time round with their experiance from BF2.

Now that video makes it look class. Must be a pretty sick PC they are running it on :O

Id love to get a chance to open beta this ill keep my eyes open, thanks for the heads up.

As an EX Planetside player this looks much more up my street. Will probably tide me over till Huxley aswell :)

Soldato
I felt a bit silly that I have just ordered BF:2, but after watching it, I'm glad I did.

I don't know, I don't like the whole hover tank stuff and unrealistic elements that games carry.

Although I do like the way these guys think - they seem to use common sense when making their games and any interview/review I've seen, with a member of the team providing information on the upcoming game - is refreshing.

Mainly because gameplay and enjoyability should come first in all games - not graphics.

Associate
I still think Enemy Territory: Quake Wars will be better and I said since BF2 that I wont be getting 2142, but i said that with Armored Fury and look what happened :rolleyes:

Associate
Its based on the bf2 engine so its a futuristic mod for £39.99 :p :rolleyes:

But its got me sold looks good and has a lot of new vehicles and new gadgets to unlock. One of the new features being the squad leader gettin mobile turrets? :eek:

Soldato
Hmm pre-rendered from a game play?

Also this is becoming an MMORPG... with short "games" ...

well if it is based on the BF2 engine.. it's got to have the fixes to the CTDs in it.. to be honest I won't be pre-ordering it like BF2 until I've seen they've fixed the stability issues.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Ace of Spades said:
Its based on the bf2 engine so its a futuristic mod for £39.99 :p :rolleyes:

But its got me sold looks good and has a lot of new vehicles and new gadgets to unlock. One of the new features being the squad leader gettin mobile turrets? :eek:

What's the deal with this crap 'oh its just a mod' attitude.

Wee

Wee

Associate
kdd said:
What's the deal with this crap 'oh its just a mod' attitude.

The games built on the same engine as BF2, and fundamentally, will contain the same gameplay as BF2. So all that's really changing is the weapons, maps, vehicles etc ... Typical aspects of a MOD.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Wee said:
The games built on the same engine as BF2, and fundamentally, will contain the same gameplay as BF2. So all that's really changing is the weapons, maps, vehicles etc ... Typical aspects of a MOD.
Well if that is all you think there is to making a game then your attitude doesn't surprise me tbh. You're also wrong on those points you mention.

Wee

Wee

Associate
kdd said:
Well if that is all you think there is to making a game then your attitude doesn't surprise me tbh. You're also wrong on those points you mention.

No where did i say that's my attitude towards BF2142, or games in general. I was simply stating the arguement that people put forward for this game being nothing but a BF2 MOD.

Soldato
Wee said:

So all the games based on the Quake 3 engine, Doom 3 engine and Source engine are all mods too?

Wee

Wee

Associate
Sirrel Squirrel said:
So all the games based on the Quake 3 engine, Doom 3 engine and Source engine are all mods too?

Blimey, didn't think i'd get so much stick for stating the attitude of the gamers that believe this is nothing more than BF2 MOD. I didn't say anywhere that i felt the game was nothing but a half cooked MOD, did I?

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Wee said:
Yes you did.

Associate
Andr3w said:
omg this looks freakin awsome lol

Btw you cannot called it a mod, half life 3 will be based on the half life 2 engine,but its not a mod

half-life 3? do you know something that the rest of us don't?

the game looks very good. It's gonna be this or Quake wars for me... let the reviews decide!

Associate
Been looking forward to this game since it was mentioned. Hopefully I'll get on the beta in August.

Should be a whole lot more polished that BF2 as they've taken the BF2 engine and improved it, I just hope the new graphical improvements doesn't cause a loss of FPS.

Back
Top Bottom