E60 and E61 5ers!

Associate
With most of the new release BMW's I've not liked them then they've grown on me.

Not this one though, even the M5's look, well, nothing really. It's not that I hate them, I just don't see anything about them that I like.

Visually I mean of course, they're are truly awesome cars in all other aspects.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
If I say something can you all keep it a secret?

I saw a new 5 series estate today....and I thought it actually looked half-decent.

:(

It's still not even remotely pretty, but I could actually live with it. As opposed to the saloon, which spoils the view every time I see one.

Permabanned
OP
JRS said:
If I say something can you all keep it a secret?

I saw a new 5 series estate today....and I thought it actually looked half-decent.

:(

It's still not even remotely pretty, but I could actually live with it. As opposed to the saloon, which spoils the view every time I see one.

Agree, BMW Estates *recently* (not E39, but maybe E46) are really growing on me and 'look' decent. An E61 with sport kit can look astounding IMO. BMW and Audi seem to have this sewn up. They make an estate and it doesnt look like one until it passes you (if that makes sense). Every other estate derivative car you just know its an estate

Soldato
As with many former BMW models, they only look bang on in the right spec. A vanilla E90 ES rep mobile on 16's won't get a second glance, but a 330i M sport sitting on 18's will get the nod of approval. The E60 is quite sublime in M Sport trim also. It has a chunky and purposeful look, especially from behind. 535d still makes me think 'wow'.

Always been a fan of the Z4. 6 series I'm not so sure about, but it's definitely striking.

Soldato
Just as a side note for all you stat geeks, BMW have the tech specs of the 335d and 335i Saloon on their site now. I'd not seen the 0-62 times and such until now.

335d

335i

The twin turbo diesel is up in power and torque, 14 bhp and 20 nm. 335i does 62 in 5.6 :eek:

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Zod said:
I like it. A lot. It does handle very well, but I don't think Spie has owned a CSL. That handled better, but it doesn't have the simply astonishing power delivery of the M5.

No, but he did have a Ferrari ;)

Back
Top Bottom