How to Un-register Half-Life 2 ?

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Johanson said:
I have recently sold HL2 to someone on the MM, but they are having trouble installing it since its registered to me, the original owner. I have uninstalled it, but is there any way allowing someone else to install it on another PC?
You have to give them your steam account login details, only way save sending the whole retail package to valve at considerable expense and delay.

Associate
No other way, when you registered the game on Steam it was tied to your account in the process. The game cannot be registered again to someone else using the same cd key.

Man of Honour
The buyer can get your key unregistered by taking it to valve, proving that they own the CD key and DVD now, but this can take a little time. Steam states in the EULA that you can not just unregister the game, as all games you buy are then tied to that account.

Associate
DaveyD said:
The buyer can get your key unregistered by taking it to valve, proving that they own the CD key and DVD now, but this can take a little time. Steam states in the EULA that you can not just unregister the game, as all games you buy are then tied to that account.

Also note when people sell SteamID's on Ebay they blank some digits out as Steam Ban all ips on that SteamID or something.

Back
Top Bottom