Nintendo Wii Specs Fully Exposed

Associate
The Wii Hardware

- Nintendo Wii’s ‘Broadway’ CPU operates at 729MHZ with a maximum bandwith of 1.9gbyte/sec.
- Nintendo Wii’s ‘HollyWood’ GPU is clocked at 243MHZ, the internal memory of it includes 3mb of embedded graphics memory and 24megabytes of high speed main memory.
- 64megabytes of GDDR3 (MEM2) as the external main memory. Just like the internal memory, it can be accessed from the CPU and GPU with a maximum bandwidth of 4gbytes/sec and can also store programs in the MEM2.
- The GPU of the Wii is identical to the GC’s but it is on average 1.5X faster.

TXB

Not my kinda console but super mario 12 should look good on it. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
i always thought the GC could output very good gfx games, so im sure if they push the WII then the games will look good aswell

ive decided to not buy a DS and save the cash for if i want a WII(lol) as the hype might get to me

Associate
Sounds perfectly fine to me & easily my most anticipated console EVER.

I would check the link to that site though as there are links for places that supply X-box, PS2, PSP & 360 mod chips so might be frowned upon because of what can be done with them.

Better to be safe then get a ban I should think??

Neil

~J~

~J~

Soldato
For a machine that is made by a company whom have NEVER claimed it's next console is a "Next-Gen" system, those specs look pretty damn good to me.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Ah yes Team Xbox just where i would trust all my nintendo news to come from :p

On a more serious note, a person who works for a developer posted on this fourm that the Wii CPU was 1.5gig, so i wouldnt put a lot of faith in this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Numbers dont interest me, I will just see what the games look like when its released. Well actually the only number that interests me is price. If this is resonable I will buy it.

Man of Honour
PiKe said:
Double sided? Where will they put the disc artwork? Sounds like someone's just made these specs up.

If it has been translated, I'd guess it's supposed to mean dual layer instead of dual sided.

To be honest, I don't give a monkeys about the 'specs' of the Wii, I'm not expecting anything amazing graphically, so I'll be pleasantly suprised if anything spectacular appears on it, I just want it for its innovation and interestingness :p

Man of Honour
DaveyD said:
If it has been translated, I'd guess it's supposed to mean dual layer instead of dual sided.

To be honest, I don't give a monkeys about the 'specs' of the Wii, I'm not expecting anything amazing graphically, so I'll be pleasantly suprised if anything spectacular appears on it, I just want it for its innovation and interestingness :p
But many people are much more ignorant :(

Associate
Interesting.. no doubt people will do imaginary calculations and draw assumptions on performance and bottlenecks. I don't really care either, already getting one based on the demos I've seen. Not so many months away now.. *waves remote around in anticipation* :D

Soldato
XPE said:
Ah yes Team Xbox just where i would trust all my nintendo news to come from :p

On a more serious note, a person who works for a developer posted on this fourm that the Wii CPU was 1.5gig, so i wouldnt put a lot of faith in this.

The specs recently released are real. Nintendo might have been playing with other specs before, but these are what they have settled on.

Man of Honour
Considering these are supposed to be at least on par with the gamecube, I can't complain. I'm still umming and ahhhh-ing at some of the games on that. Ignoring the latest generation of games for the win!
# The pointer can measure co-ordinates within bounds of rectangle centered upon the sensor bar, thus it can also measure points beyond the screen. It also responds to strong light sources, windows, fluorescent lamps, fireplaces, mirrors etc.
Wow, imagine if they included the latter part in puzzle games etc :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Kreeeee said:
Yes they... oh wait no. Nope, no proof, not that it matters anyway but you're wrong with that statement.

If you don't believe me, I'll live, but what was leaked was the official specs from Nintendo.

Back
Top Bottom