Arrgh! Make it stop!!

Soldato
36, 41 and 120s. I have had NOTHING but NOTHING but those for well over a week now!

I would give my left nut for some 51 pointers - Those give some nice PPD.

Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve to get my clients to download something exciting to do? You would think I am the only one on the planet doing these WUs lol.

SiriusB

Soldato
SiriusB said:
36, 41 and 120s. I have had NOTHING but NOTHING but those for well over a week now!

I would give my left nut for some 51 pointers - Those give some nice PPD.

Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve to get my clients to download something exciting to do? You would think I am the only one on the planet doing these WUs lol.

SiriusB

have about 10 clients on each PC, every time you get a bad WU, turn that client off and get one of the others to fetch a new WU, rinse and repeat till you get nice ones.

Soldato
OP
VeNT said:
have about 10 clients on each PC, every time you get a bad WU, turn that client off and get one of the others to fetch a new WU, rinse and repeat till you get nice ones.

I run my clients as services. The amount of ballache required juggling lots of them...

SiriusB

Soldato
Do you have regular access to your folding rigs, and would you be able to check up on them every now and then?

I don't know how to get beta points, but these tiny WUs beta stop soon.. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
shadowscotland said:
vent - i understand the 'wanting' of good ppd WU's but does that mean you never fold some downloaded WU's????

it's not just points - even crappy WU points wise are needed for the science

end of rant

I was just saying that was a way of doing it, I don't do that.
I take what I'm given.

Soldato
OP
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing the crappy PPD WUs if that is all is available. But you would think after a nearly 2 weeks I would get a little variety :)

I was just hoping for a way of maybe configuring my clients or some other sneaky trick that will get the project server to hand over something juicy. I wouldn't dream of discarding a WU I had just downloaded :eek:

SiriusB

Soldato
Faith restored in my fellow folders :D

btw at home I have six threads in rotation - with the old dial up it's usfull to have the choice of running larger WU during the day when I'm out (always over 12 hours, of late 20 :eek: ) and smaller one's over night 2-3hour (I've have a 3 month old son)

SB - I really know what you mean about the variety - only had 36, 41 & 120 at home myself, getting reasonable PPD of the 36 & 120's though.

The farm get more variety but not much - the odd 18xx or 21xx but that only on 2 or three threads at most.

Back
Top Bottom