How is this?

Soldato
I've got a spare server, which I don't mind dedicating to a few websites.
Now, i've got the same idea that's been done many times, and it's successful, or so i've seen.

Yup, selling pixels.
Now, how do I call someone over to setup a blank website for me, providing I give them the domain name? Is it possible?
Also, suppose someone says "I want X Pixels by X Pixels and a hyperlink to my site" is it easy to add this?
Also, security. Will the guy who comes over implement internet security? I don't want any h4x0rz (hackers) to ruin this.

It's plain experimental and if it works, it works. If not, then i'll try something else. :)

Thanks for reading. I look forward to your input. :)

Caporegime
LOL, how many times has this been done?

Shouldn't be too hard to do tho, as for linking sites that is basic and can be done through html.

Soldato
It's a pretty big deal. Due to the heavyweight server to base client API programming, hotbed image-linking services and secure anti click-layering modules you need to set up, the standard development rate for these sites is £50 per 25 pixel square.

I develop these fairly often for some rather large clients, and as such I can offer a massively reduced rate of just £25 per 25 pixel square :).

Last edited:
Associate
Augmented said:
It's a pretty big deal. Due to the heavyweight server to base client API programming, hotbed image-linking services and secure anti click-layering modules you need to set up, the standard development rate for these sites is £50 per 25 pixel square.

I develop these fairly often for some rather large clients, and as such I can offer a massively reduced rate of just £25 per 25 pixel square :).

I doesn't have to be too complex. Basically have a page with a background grid set to a predefined size. That image would reflect each or whatever the style is.

Then simply add images manually to your XHTML/HTML using CSS (absolute positioning) to position them. Use PayPal to take payments and then find the right link - recieve the right image via email.

The only problem is (if you get big enough) can your server handle the large page requests and the fact that the page is built with multiple images wont do your bandwidth any good.

Associate
JonRohan said:
Am I missing something? Poeple sell pixels? WTF :confused:

Have you ever heard of the www.milliondollarhomepage.com - Some kid wanted funds for University so he came up with a pretty successful concept. 1 pixel for $1 with a minimum purchase of 100 pixels (10x10). Ended up making a little over a million pounds (before taxes) and has become the latest young business hotshot.

Now there's hundreds of copycat websites not making any money. God bless the Internet.

Associate
milliondollarhomepage is a load of garbage. The fact is that a lot of techies jumped on the bandwagon and wish they'd thought of selling pixles. But it is in fact not useful. You cannot find anything, except the largest ads ... and who's going to squint and find there favourite stuff - no one.

It's just hype. They are few and far between ... for that guy that succeeded you will not have seen the 1000 that failed.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the useful info. I guess i'll try something else :)

Well, i've got £1,200 to invest in something good that'll return a bit back. (The money spent ~ £1,200 + profit).

Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom