Anyone work at Morrisons?

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone works at Morrisons, just got a job there working on the FFPP :confused: start tomorrow at 10am, training and no doubt get my b..e...a..u..tiful uniform :eek:

Anyone know what FFPP entails, the person said something to do with Fresh foods but thats all she really said so I'm left a little confused on what exactly I'm going to be doing. I know I've got a 12 hour contract plus I can work more hours before I go back to University. Want to hopefully get to work Sundays @ time and a half = £7.82 ph :cool:

Need to ask about car parking aswell, anyone know whether you can park for free?

BeatMaster :D

Man of Honour
Fresh Food Pre-Packed at a guess.

My uncle works for scuzzy mozzies.

Suppose it depends on the store whether you can park free or not. The one here in town I don't think even has a car park.

Gilly :D

Soldato
OP
reflex said:
Supermarkets rock, i love spending 15 hours of my time in them per week, and the music omg it rocks ;)

Loop, loop, loop, loop :p When I worked at the co-op it changed about every month but till then you could practically tell what was coming up next :o

Soldato
I work on FFPP at Morrisons.

Its not too bad, ffpp is all the fridges, so all the usual stuff, milk, butter, cheese, yogurt.
Also hams, pastries, and ready meals.
On top of all that bread (not fresh bread) and cakes should be yours plus eggs.

In other words, loads

Its been good through this heat, go and stand in the chiller in the warehouse to keep cool whilst everyone else sweats there arse off :D

Soldato
OP
PinkFloyd said:
I work on FFPP at Morrisons.

Its not too bad, ffpp is all the fridges, so all the usual stuff, milk, butter, cheese, yogurt.
Also hams, pastries, and ready meals.
On top of all that bread (not fresh bread) and cakes should be yours plus eggs.

In other words, loads

Its been good through this heat, go and stand in the chiller in the warehouse to keep cool whilst everyone else sweats there arse off :D

Mmmm cake...oh dear that one seems to be open on delivery....can't sell that, nom nom nom :p

Wonder how many staff will be on the department, hopefully get some sunday shifts with the hourly rate at that :)

Least as you said nice and cool :cool:

Associate
Basically morrisons sucks to work in :p

I work in toilitries and its the most boring job ever - and iv had a few.

The staff discount is useless, only get a discount on home and leisure products, which of the few they have, are all crap.

Good luck with it though :p

EDIT: And yes you can park for free, in myne you have to park up the back furthest away from the shop so the spaces nearest to the shop are for customers. Make sure you give your registration to the car park attendant though, or you'll find youself with a fine - which i doubt you'll be made to pay but save yourself the hassle.

EDIT 2: depending on the people you can get a good laugh, theirs a lot of miserable old ****'s but just ignore them. Best bit about the job is when they shout a codename over the tannoy to signal theirs a shoplifter and all male members have to chase them :D - best fun ever!

Last edited:
Associate
I was forced to do a weeks work experience at Morrisons after the work experience I had arranged fell through.

At the store I was placed in the staff were completely miserable, totally uncooperative and many seriously looked on the virge of suicide. There was a huge feeling of hatred towards the managers and supervisors who were all complete retards, who sat around all day doing absolutely nothing. Everything seemed completely unorganised and unplanned. The warehouse was a mess and nobody knew where any of the stock was and most of it had been crushed or split. Also despite being Easter there was a extremely lack of Easter Eggs because they were all lost in the warehouse somewhere, most completely unsellable due being crushed by having pallet upon pallet of heavy items loaded untop of them.

The warehouse manager 'Jeff' was the worst. He actively tried to cause damage and physical bodily harm to anybody remotely near or in the way of his forklift. He'd worked in the store for decades and I've never came across anybody with such a distorted view on life.

Working in the admin offices was a relief compared to the other days, although this was still painstakingly boring trapped in a small room with no windows with 3 middle aged women. The only exciting part of this was watching the CCTV cameras. The computers systems were ancient and so slow. The terminals had green and black mono screens and keyboards with most of the keys missing or in the wrong place. You had to use a pen lid to press in the hole where they key was supposed to be to type.

After our 15 minute safety video at the beginning of the week the three of us on work experience were let loose onto the shop floor, admin offices and warehouse despite not being trained or having any knowledge of the procedures, store layout and what the hell we were actually meant to do. They also expected us to stay on the same area for the entire week, until we told them this was possibly the worst idea ever.

We had to use the box crusher machine in the warehouse despite being underage and completely untrained. Customers were asking us questions we had no answers to and nobody else was around to help.

The only decent members of staff there were the fishmongers who were quite funny and took their jobs as a joke. They had a very laid-back and relaxed outlook towards their job (spending all their time in the canteen). There were also two guys our age who failed their A-Levels, and a really nice management trainee girl who was seriously complementing how her life would turn out if she continued on the training course.

The only decent thing about the entire week was the staff canteen, which was awesome. They gave us £2 per day to feed ourselves and that covered breakfast/bruch, lunch, snacks and drinks because the staff cantene was so rediculously cheap.

In conclusion Morrisons is the worst shopping environment ever. Everything about it is horrendous - even down to the store layout and the way you are forced to walk through the 'Market Square' full of semi-rotting fruit on the way in, the floor tiles, the trolleys. Everything is completely dilapidated and obviously no investment or effort has gone into providing a good experience for customers. The disregard to the staffs needs is also apparent. The shirts are the most uncomfortable, hot and itchy items of clothing I've ever seen. They also strangle you and restrict breathing if you do the top button up, even when you have the correct size. The female uniform also looks horrendous, what the hell are they thinking?

This was without a doubt the worst week of my life and I wouldn't encourage anyone to work there, ever. That's not to say you'll have such a miserable time working there, but at least you'll get paid for it!

Associate
Work experience just sucks though you do all the worst jobs for nothing. I had to clear out a whole room of software and other crap that people had apparently just chucked in there. Then i was told i was gonna be building PC's which i thought was good but it turned out all i had to do was open the box they were in, plug it in and install windows :/

Soldato
OP
reflex said:
LOL thats where i work - u gotta love the christmas music though!

Oh no, not Christmas, noooooooooooo :eek: We all contimplated self harm and suicide, seriously the co-op Christmas isn't a happy Christmas, at least not for staff :p

Mary's boy ch-*DIE DIE DIE!!!!*

EDIT: westie17 is right, they abuse work experience people and make them do the jobs no-one wants to do who work there already. I know people who had similar experiences at Iceland, where they had to clean freezers and other menial tasks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Upstairs at where I work (tescos) it's currently got a list of p/h wages for the big supermarkets and Morrisons is the worst!! £5.12 I think it was compaired to Tescos £6.01 (though you only get that after a year!)

Oh and the bit about staff on the verge of suicide, hatred of managers and supervisors who were all retards and bone idle..........welcome to supermarket work in the UK :D

Permabanned
Try working for a small Safeway branch in the warehouse. The manager so happened to decide the 20-30 warehouse trolleys needed the sticky tape and labels removing.

I'm pretty adament I stayed past my welcome, and he wanted to wear me down so I'd be naughty and give him an excuse to get rid of me. At then end of the 6 month trial period, and it turns out I'm not suitable for the position. :rolleyes:

Associate
I dought its as bad as the co-op i used to work in, that was the worst place i have ever worked, nobody had any motivation or imagination, it was all sucked out of them, we got new employees, and once they were there 3 weeks they had been ground down to the same stupid level as everyone else.

The main supervisor was probbably the most stupid person i have ever met, but in any place like that there only intresting in training what they call "lifers" people who are gonna be there all there life, no wonder there so depressed!

Then you get onto the shining examples of motivation and team leadership that were the managers at co-op who i think stole more stuff than the chavs coming in did, which very little was done about untill someone actully got attacked in the shop, which resulted in us getting a retired ex con as a security guard who spent most of his time outside talking to the chavs, who aparently all knew him.

Suprisingly i hated it, i now work at weatherspoons which i really enjoy..

Back
Top Bottom