• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

dead x1900xt :( could do with some help

Soldato
don't know what happend but my hyper psu (replaced it with a seasonic today and still it fails on VGA when booting)has took itself out and my x1900 and god know what else . i brought the card from a competitor as with the hyper psu in which the warrity is void now as my housemate disided to take it apart to try and fix it , bet let me get to the ponit i did have a Zalman VF900 on the card since that cooler came out i was going to try and RMA the card but can't find the orginal screws and backing plate thing for the card (stock cooler i can find and in as new nick) as any one got thease screws and backing plate to hand so i can try and rma the card im a broke student who can't afford to replace it .

i knew the hyper psu was half dead as the the stand by and power LEDS on my DFI land party N4 SLI-DR wpuld come on but the psu would refuse to boot even if hardwired . had a old no name 300w to had it would boot the baord but failed at the last stage again (led 4 ie video card) and would make led 1 go of and on for a few sec before continuing. and just pluged in the seasonic psu and the same effect , unplug the card and it dos'nt mess around with led1 and fails at led4 (of course there now card in).

so again any1 with some of thouse screws and the backing plate to hand could lend me them i buy you a pint

Caporegime
Have you moved your Ram about, as the VGA error on the DFi board is a Ram error, means its in the wrong slots, when i had a DFi board that used to do the same, thought my new x1800 was paggered, but turns out i had my Ram in the wrong slots, as i tested my x1800 in another machine and it worked fine, Ram had to go in both Orange slots, just a thought. :)

I was going around in circles thinking it was my new card, as it was the VGA error it was failing on, but once i got it tested i knew it could'nt have been, then i did some digging around, and found out that the VGA error meant the Ram was in the wrong slots as said, so why DFi make their boards like that is beyond me, as the VGA error is your memory in the wrong slots, got nothing to do with your graphics card at all, numptys. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
LoadsaMoney said:
Have you moved your Ram about, as the VGA error on the DFi board is a Ram error, means its in the wrong slots, when i had a DFi board that used to do the same, thought my new x1800 was paggered, but turns out i had my Ram in the wrong slots, as i tested my x1800 in another machine and it worked fine, Ram had to go in both Orange slots, just a thought. :)

I was going around in circles thinking it was my new card, as it was the VGA error it was failing on, but once i got it tested i knew it could'nt have been, then i did some digging around, and found out that the VGA error meant the Ram was in the wrong slots as said, so why DFi make their boards like that is beyond me, as the VGA error is your memory in the wrong slots, got nothing to do with your graphics card at all, numptys. :p

thats was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, changed from the ornage slots to the yellow it boots now!!! and back to orange it boots fine so happy, now i got to run my ide cables and put the dangerden block back on (pain in th ass bolts were tiny.) but thanks again dude , pm yous paypal adress and i send 5quid your yay least i could do

Soldato
KillBoY_UK said:
thats was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, changed from the ornage slots to the yellow it boots now!!! and back to orange it boots fine so happy, now i got to run my ide cables and put the dangerden block back on (pain in th ass bolts were tiny.) but thanks again dude , pm yous paypal adress and i send 5quid your yay least i could do
congrats that its working :)

the vga/ram error happened to me when i built my rig a few months back... was completely stumped and thought my 7800GT was borked...

DFI really need to sort their manuals and mobo (lights) out :rolleyes:

Caporegime
KillBoY_UK said:

Glad you got it up and running now, it really is a stupid error that, as i said i thought my x1800 was DOA as it was a new build, and when going through the 4-LED test it was falling over at the VGA error, and just going round in an endless loop, then when i got my card tested and that was fine, i started to think it was my new mobo that was paggered, but then as i say i did some digging around and found out it was nothing at all to do with mobo, or graphics card, just the Ram in the wrong slots, was over the moon when she finally booted. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
nikebee said:
congrats that its working :)

the vga/ram error happened to me when i built my rig a few months back... was completely stumped and thought my 7800GT was borked...

DFI really need to sort their manuals and mobo (lights) out :rolleyes:

Yeah they sure do, i bet its caught loads of ppl out that, it really is stupid, luckily i found all my answers over at DFi street. :)

Back
Top Bottom