• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Managing to get a 7300 GT with DDR 3!!!!

Soldato
Hey guys I am led to believe I will recieve a 7300 GT with 256 of DDR3 memory, yes the DDR3 version tomorrow!

At the price I couldn't resist the temptation to buy one up to have a mess around with! If this does indeed turn out to be the DDR3 version then I will purchase a second one to try out the SLi too! Its just something I want to do in the meantime until Direct x 10 cards come out and it wil be fun!
Thats why my x1800xt 512 is now on the members market :( just thinking sell now to avoid bargain basement prices for the card as soon as new ones hit!

Anyways I want to know if anyone will be interested in a full test of the card and also it's performance and overclockability?

Soldato
OP
I thought someone would....also it cost me a smidge over £60 with next day delivery :D

I will look forward to testing it tomorrow night and also getting a second one if all goes to plan ;)

James I totally am the guinea pig as it better turn out to be ddr 3 ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
do post the results. i make new systems from scratch for clients and sometimes they like to play the odd game now and then, would like to see how such a cheapo card actually does in games.

Soldato
OP
No problem guys as I said look forward to seeing them on wednesday night!

Also card was £53 inc vat :p stupid next day delievry took it to £60 bet u think its more of a bargain now

Soldato
OP
pogo said:
I've had mine for a while now so I thought it might be useful to post my results too (hope you don't mind jrodga2k5 :))

I don't have any gaming benchmarks (other than UT2004 and NFS:MW which I can briefly test if you're desperate) so you'll have to make do with 3d mark;

3d01: 21490
3d03: 11814
3d05: 5361
3d06: 2604

This is with a Sempron 2800 (754) @2.4GHz (for the moment), 1GB of RAM (with sloppy timings), and of course, the 7300GT @600/1600MHz (with VF-900 @5V which, contrary to expectations, is not particularly quiet). Drivers were 84.66 (supposed to be the best for 7300GT, not tried with any others yet).

P.S. jrodga2k5, are you sure the version you bought has 256MB? If you bought it from where I think you bought it, the version for £53 only has 128MB.

P.P.S. I feel I should warn those buying the Inno3D version (that is sold under the value label of the store that stocks them), although reviews, and indeed the store itself show a black PCB, mine has a green PCB, which like, totally ruined my colour scheme :( To be fair though, the stock cooler on mine looks to be better than the one shown on the black PCB version.

THose scores look ok! As for your questions eys its 256mb of ram ;) it says so on the product description! Iv took a risk and hopefully it pays off!

Soldato
Any pics pogo?

jrodga, who is it made by? The only 256mb DDR3 I have found is £67 although I have found one inno3d card that has been listed as DDR3 for £53 but is actually ddr2.

Back
Top Bottom