Intel 3.2 processor - Please help!

j98

j98

Associate
Will an intel mobile Socket 478 processor work in my Asus P4T533-C motherboard? I currently have a 2.26ghz installed and am considering replacing it with a mobile 3.2ghz one but I can't figure out what the difference is.

Would this work at all? Would it improve my system's performance?

Thanks!! :)

Last edited:

j98

j98

Associate
OP
Depends on the performance increase! There was a not-very-well-worded listing on an auction site which got me thinking about this! The guy claims it was pulled from a desktop computer!

Do you have any other suggestions for an upgrade then?

Man of Honour
Soldato
There are desktop motherboards that can take mobile processors but they are rather expensive as they are more of a boutique item. You could get up to a 3.2 GHz Prescott desktop processor for that board but to be honest I wouldn't bother. That motherboard uses Rambus memory which costs a small fortune to upgrade. If you were willing to throw out a few hundred quid you could have a whole new state-of-the-art system.

What would you like to improve.

j98

j98

Associate
OP
Yeah I have been talking about upgrading everything for around £300 on another thread but at £50 I was hoping this might be a quicker/cheaper fix. I have 512mb of the fastest possible RDRAM and don't see myself buying any more.

Is there any way to find out for definite if this processor will fit my motherboard? I've already asked the seller what board this was pulled from (he says it was a desktop). Haven't heard back yet...

Back
Top Bottom