• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Managing to get a 7300 GT with DDR 3!!!!

Soldato
OP
Raikiri said:
Any pics pogo?

jrodga, who is it made by? The only 256mb DDR3 I have found is £67 although I have found one inno3d card that has been listed as DDR3 for £53 but is actually ddr2.

Raikiri the oen i have found is probably the same as your one.
As i have said I'm taking the plunge just to find out ;) since the user reviews said they got DDR3 ones so I'll take a wee plunge with this to see what happens!

Plus Distance selling act can protect me and I can just return it ;) hehe!

Associate
Hi,

Ive just bit the bullet and purchased two of these 7300 cards. Just to add my two cents worth, mine have black pcbs, no external power connector and the best bit (i hope) 256mb of samsung ddr3 ram!

Im waiting for OcUK to send the rest of my system but i hope to seriously push 7600gt speeds very soon...

Not bad (fingers crossed) for a very small outlay - i have also come from the land of 6600gt silent agp.

PS i have decided against going for Conroe, i believe it sounds G*Y - almost as bad as my sig :o

Soldato
OP
hotdog said:
Hi,

Ive just bit the bullet and purchased two of these 7300 cards. Just to add my two cents worth, mine have black pcbs, no external power connector and the best bit (i hope) 256mb of samsung ddr3 ram!

Im waiting for OcUK to send the rest of my system but i hope to seriously push 7600gt speeds very soon...

Not bad (fingers crossed) for a very small outlay - i have also come from the land of 6600gt silent agp.

PS i have decided against going for Conroe, i believe it sounds G*Y - almost as bad as my sig :o

They seem to be too good to be true, if my risk doesnt work tomorro I have a backup to get them from ;)

Associate
Sorry i dont understand what you mean? Also what zalman cooler are you using? Is it possible to fit the larger vf900 model onto the card and use them in sli configuration? Just wondering really!

Obviously i have yet to start them up but i really do hate 'fan' noise !

Would it be plausible to fit what you are using now in sli ?

Soldato
OP
YEah the zalmans are extremely easy!
Btw guys if my card turns out to be DDR2 iv got a good excuse for sending it back ;) The card is listed as 2xDVI which means it should have two DVI Slots! This what the DDR 3 boards should have! The DDR2 has basic TV out and a 15pin VGA output and one DVI output! So its all pointing to the DDR3 version! lets hope I get a £53 bargain!

Anyways I'm ordering a second one from a different site today! Different manufacturers for the cards dont effect SLi do they? and also SLi bridges? where do i get them :p lol!

Last edited:
Associate
I believe you can use them without the sli bridge, dont quote me on that though - however using the bridge chip brings extra performance gains i believe.

Again just so i am correct both the zalman coolers work on the 7300gt the vf700 and the vf900 - i ask as ive just seen OcUK stock the one with a wizzy red led (ohhh lights, fancy.)

I still cant believe that they run off the pci slot, i bought an expensive sli PSU the other day as i presumed all new cards required decent supply straight into them (e.g my 6600gt does) - what a NooB i am hahhaahha.

P.S
Post your overclocks, i want to see 7600gt owners cry ! ! ! !

Soldato
OP
Also if you have seen the pics of the Galaxy version of the card I believe that one came with a Zalman VF 700 fan so it should in theory fit!

Mines is on the delivery route so waiting to see if I did strike it lucky :p got the other webpage to buy it from up and waiting if it turns out to be ddr2 after all :p lol!

Associate
So can you use these cards in SLI mode with both using a zalman cooler? I have a dfi expert mobo and im not sure that they will fit? Any suggestions...

Soldato
OP
See Im thinking you could, it takes up just about 2 slots on a mobo, just about, the fan is close enough to the slot below it so it slightly covers the below slot!

This is me talking about my x1800xt with a zalman on it! That took the pci express slot and covered a bit of the pci slot below now realistically if a dual slot caqrd can be put into SLi mode then surely the cards with the zalman coolers on them could 2 ;)

Associate
Im gettting really into this card now are you going to try and do the pencil volt mod?

I really feel the cooler needs changing, the fan itself isnt too bad considering its price point - but below that ! OMG naff naff & naff thats the heatsink, the gloop and bracketing. It really needs the zalman or similar.
I have had a quick search around and there are a few sites giving rave reviews however no end users seem to have taken the bait and given it ago! :D

Thanks for the reply jrodga2k5

Associate
Forgot to say -

Do you have one of those Nvidia SLI bridge connectors? I didnt get one with my mobo (i know its not sli, but well!), any ideas where i can get them from? Ive had a quick look around OcUK but cant see them

Gibbo can you bring a generic sli bridge into stock ? Im sure you get performance benefits instead of using software switch etc

Please correct me if im wrong! :rolleyes:

Soldato
hotdog said:
Forgot to say -

Do you have one of those Nvidia SLI bridge connectors? I didnt get one with my mobo (i know its not sli, but well!), any ideas where i can get them from? Ive had a quick look around OcUK but cant see them

Gibbo can you bring a generic sli bridge into stock ? Im sure you get performance benefits instead of using software switch etc

Please correct me if im wrong! :rolleyes:

Why do want one if you motherboard isn't a SLI board?! :confused:

Soldato
OP
hotdog said:
Im gettting really into this card now are you going to try and do the pencil volt mod?

I really feel the cooler needs changing, the fan itself isnt too bad considering its price point - but below that ! OMG naff naff & naff thats the heatsink, the gloop and bracketing. It really needs the zalman or similar.
I have had a quick search around and there are a few sites giving rave reviews however no end users seem to have taken the bait and given it ago! :D

Thanks for the reply jrodga2k5

As i said i will experiment with this card and see what it can reach on stock first then look at fans and voltmodding! if its the correct card then detailed benchmarks wil be provided with an SLi hopefully by the end of the week

Associate
Sorry ive got a DFI lanparty expert 939 board but i dont believe its an nvidia approved board - mine didnt come with a bridge connector (or ive lost it !)

:)

Back
Top Bottom