Help Regarding Quality

Associate
Ahoy!

I have various photo albums and slides that require to be put on DVD's. I create and print my own custom covers to go along with the photos. Recently I've been experimenting with my printer and used various paper. I've used glossy paper but the dvd case goes all bubbly/sticky (the plastic bit where you slide in your cover). Is there any alternative to using gloss paper, normal paper does not give me the quality I desire. What do retail DVD's use?

Thanks

Associate
I think that your best bet would be to look for some 'glossy' paper, this isn't photo paper but just normal 100gs/m ish paper with a gloss on it. Some stationary stores have it, some don't but its worth looking, if you cant find it in a shop, try looking on the internet for it. Also i think that that's what DVD makers use.

Hope this helps :)

Associate
You could try: http://www.dcdata.co.uk/

They sell all sorts of paper at North West Computer Fairs and good rates too. I know they do sell paper for DVD Cases etc.

I once asked if they could get me some panoramic paper (2 x A4 in portrait), they phoned me back a few days later and managed to get me some. They post items but I collect my orders at the next fair.

Back
Top Bottom