Good mobile air con fixy type people

Associate
As title. Basically the air con on my 306 has been completely non-functional for about a year and i've held of getting it sorted until now. I'm getting fed up with sweating my knackers off every time I drive anywhere, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get it sorted.

Does anyone have good experiences with any of these companies that come to you? Would save a lot of hassle taking it to a garage and stuff.

Cheers chaps.

Soldato
not used for a year, 99% chance somethings ****** imho. Condensors are too expensive to worth bothering about, compressors can be had cheap but still over £200 with fitting and gassing.

Associate
Try Gareth from Auto Aircon Ltd on 01277-848532 or 07739-031278

Was a diamond when diagnosing my initial problems last year, then when the condenser failed (manufacturing fault it split on a seem) he done all the work free as it was under warrenty.

Say Rikk with the green Grand Cherokee sent you :)

Soldato
I've used Chris at AC Autoworks before, and my dad's garage uses them for all their A/C servicing.

You can get him on 01743 313131 or 07876 233348

Soldato
Over Clocker said:
Kwik Fit are doing this for £40!
Doing what exactly? Scratching their chins, sucking their teeth and then telling you how much it'll cost to fix I bet, pretty much like those PC check-ups from a well known high-street retailer :rolleyes:

Soldato
Over Clocker said:
Sorry, i meant regassing only.

I got mine done there, no problems, regassed, gave em £40, left.

When was this?

Their website makes no mention of it.

EDIT Found it but only applies to South East England, which according to my localKW really means London and anywhere south.

EDIT 2 Halfords are doing a straight regass too.

Last edited:
Soldato
My AC has gone too, not a regass issue, something else

Is there any good AC fixy type people :) near Ipswich?

I wanna get the thing fixed before I sell the car

Soldato
Squark said:
My AC has gone too, not a regass issue, something else

Is there any good AC fixy type people :) near Ipswich?

I wanna get the thing fixed before I sell the car
AC Autoworks (details above) are based at Copdock/Washbrook, and they will also come out to you at work/home :)

Soldato
Sone said:
not used for a year, 99% chance somethings ****** imho. Condensors are too expensive to worth bothering about, compressors can be had cheap but still over £200 with fitting and gassing.

I think that is the wrong way around, having had to replace both the Condensor and the Compressor, I can assure you that the Compressor was A LOT more expensive :)

Back
Top Bottom