Can't access website domain - any ideas?

Soldato
Hi,

For a few days now, I have been unable to access all the websites with @soton.ac.uk from my laptop (www.webmail.soton.ac.uk, www.iss.soton.ac.uk, etc but even www.susu.org). I get a "cannot find server" error. I cannot ping them either; I get a request timed out. I know the actual websites work as I can access them from work.

I haven't made any changes afaik. Using NTL 512lbps and a Linksys wireless router.

Any ideas where to start to resolve this please? Google hasn't been helpful but then again I was not sure what to search for.

Sam

Soldato
OP
I turned Zone alarm off but still no luck. Tracert gives "Request timed out".

I did update ZA roughly the same time the problem started so do you think it could be related? Maybe I'll uninstall it or revert to the previous version.

Associate
I'd be guessing that ZA has summit to do with it.

I'd check all the blocked IP ranges you have in the list to make sure your not blocking incoming and outgoing requests.

Soldato
OP
Uninstalling ZA did not help. (Now i can't reinstall it funnily enough, something about not being able to log onto TrueVector). I'm maybe gonna try connecting to another network and see what the situation is.

Man of Honour
It quite possible this is an ISP routing issue, they happen occassionally. Give them a call and explain the problem, it'll be relatively easy for them to test if they're decent support wise

Back
Top Bottom