Pioneer deh-77mp owners!

Soldato
as i know a few of you guys have this HU and having seen the picture of what i want to know...

Dup said:
206sounds.jpg

question is, how do i turn on the qux control? i've now fitted an rca to 3.5mm cable but cant actually find the aux in on the stero so it'll pick up my mp3 player

Soldato
I haven't got that model.

But on my pioneer all I had to do was find it in the functions menu, and turn it on. Think you get to that menu by pressing Function while the HU is off.

Should tell you in the manual.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
There is no RCA AUX in. I have an official Pioneer breakout box that connects to the CD changer input. It enables me to use a CD changer and connect the RCA cables.

To turn AUX on you need to hold the "func" button while the unit is turned off and you can find a few more options there including AUX.

You can also get CD changer input to RCA female connectors at about £20 online. CarAudioSecurity.com do them.

Hope this helps.

Soldato
OP
oh right.

i have bought the cd changer thing to rca but thought the other L and R outputs on the back were RCA's.

can you tell me when about the cd changer port is on the back please dup as i must have missed it and you may save me a lot of hassle

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just to confirm, you hold down one of the buttons whilst the unit is off and you get a menu up with a few options in it (like turning the annoying beep off that reminds you to take the face off!).

Soldato
Dreadi said:
oh right.

i have bought the cd changer thing to rca but thought the other L and R outputs on the back were RCA's.

can you tell me when about the cd changer port is on the back please dup as i must have missed it and you may save me a lot of hassle

On my pioneer the cd changer port is on left hand side if looking at the front of the unit, it's a rectangle shape with a couple of notches on the sides to help you slot in the connecter. Also as already said to turn on aux in, hold down the function button when the unit is off.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The RCA plugs on the back of the headunit are the pre-outs which send front rear and sub woofer signals to external amplifiers.

The CD changer connection is right over to the left, about 1cm from the edge as you look from the front. It has a few silver pins and I think it has a blue surround to it. It's flush with the back of the unit.

I would whip out my unit and take a pic but some of the wires are taped up and it won't come out far!

Permabanned
As has been said. Hold down button one or two with the unit off (but ignition on). This will bring up some menus.

Once you've set it, you scroll through to 'aux' by pressing the Source button.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom